PR Senior Account Manager/ PR Account Director
We are looking for an experienced Senior Account Manager/Account Director to oversee a small PR team and ensure campaigns are delivered and service level agreements are met.
Commercially minded and creative in nature, you will be adept at building relationships with key commentators and senior journalists. As a senior member of the business, you will work as part of a team to deliver new business and grow existing accounts.
We are looking for someone who wants to develop their career as part of a small but experienced agency. The ideal candidate will be both a self-starter and a team player.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Be the senior contact for clients
- Manage client service and agency performance
- Oversee PR campaigns from creative brief to implementation and delivery
- Analyse outcomes and strive for the best performance
- Delegate to and manage a PR team while nurturing talent
- Secure new business and develop current clients
- Contribute to the overall business plan
- Developing a wide network and nurturing key contacts
Responsibilities may include:
- Leading a small team with an account executive and account manager, providing career counsel, professional development support, monitoring and performance reviews
- Onboarding new clients while nurturing existing ones
- Becoming a reassuring key contact for clients.
- Providing support for agency growth and development of new business pipeline
- Championing the agency values and brand
- Developing press relationships and managing contacts with key commentators and sector influencers
- Offering crisis management and guidance to clients and extending networking opportunities
- Overseeing the provision of account resources
- Formulating business strategy in conjunction with other directors
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of:
- Leadership and management skills within a PR environment
- Senior experience within a PR agency or in-house position
- Business development abilities with a track record of success
- Experienced at winning new clients and pitching for business
- Keen networker and adept at building relationships with key influencers
- Proven ability to present complex industry information to target audiences
- Excellent project management skills with strong organisational and planning skills
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills
We value experience above qualifications, but the ideal candidate will be educated to a degree level.
- 5+ years’ experience either agency or in-house ideally within the tech sector
- A strong industry network and contacts with senior journalists and members of the press
- Proven track record of successfully implemented PR campaigns for a range of clients
- Polished presenter and adept at explaining PR terms and outcomes to senior players
- Commercial acumen and experience in developing new business
- Management experience of developing star performers and overseeing performance
- Driven, ambitious, and willing to contribute to the business