One of the UK’s most highly respected ‘Destination Management Organisations’ is expanding the team and is currently on the lookout for a Content Executive, with bags of digital and commercial know-how. Cumbria Tourism’s mission is to grow and strengthen the county’s £3.1billion tourism industry and enhance the region’s reputation on the national and international stage.
The successful candidate will have a passion for storytelling with a clear understanding of how to repurpose and present content on a range of channels to build engagement and drive commercial income. You will be fully immersed in the latest digital trends and able to turn your hand to creating, collating, and curating a variety of creative content across social, digital, and print media.
As the brand guardian for Cumbria Tourism’s organisational content plan, you will be a super organised project co-ordinator who can work flexibly and independently to turn ideas into action, as well as a confident team player who can actively engage and inspire a wide range of audiences. It goes without saying that you will have a sparkling attention to detail.
As we look ahead to the post-pandemic world, we need someone with plenty of energy, resilience, and creativity. So, if you’re passionate and proud about Cumbria and the Lake District and would like to be part of a professional and focussed team dedicated to supporting our world-class visitor destination, we’d love to hear from you.
- Own, develop and drive forward Cumbria Tourism’s organisational content plan
- Work effectively to collate, curate, and fact-check engaging and compelling content across a range of owned, earned, and paid media
- Create engaging and relevant content for CT’s consumer facing channels, such as SEO friendly web content, social media, and print (including copy, video, and imagery)
- Use appropriate analytics to continuously measure and interpret the impact of CT’s content on target audiences and use findings to inform future campaigns
- Manage and develop digital assets including film and photography
- Support Cumbria Tourism’s Bespoke Services by delivering paid-for client work
- Proactively seek out new business opportunities centered on content development to support both CT and its members
- Proactively monitor emerging digital trends and opportunities, and champion best practice both internally and externally
- Develop new relationships. with social influencers and digital innovators
Requirements for the job
- Strong copywriting ability, including immaculate spelling, grammar, attention to detail and sound proofreading skills
- An in-depth understanding and working knowledge of digital marketing, including a broad range of social media channels, and evolving technologies
- Project management experience, with the ability to work flexibly in a busy team with multiple priorities
- Experience of gathering, editing and repurposing content
- Experience of using content management systems and appropriate software, such as WordPress, Google AdWords & Analytics and social media scheduling and evaluation tools for Instagram etc.
- Photography skills
- Strong presentation and/or training skills
- A passion for keeping up with the latest marketing/PR trends and digital technologies
- Full, clean driving licence and access to own vehicle
- Working knowledge of the travel and tourism sector
- Familiarity with Cumbria and the Cumbrian tourism product
- Relevant degree level or professional qualification, ideally in marketing/communication, with relevant job experience
- Videography skills
- Design skills
To apply, candidates must apply in writing by completing an application form, which is available from the Cumbria Tourism website: www.cumbriatourism.org/jobs and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note - CVs will not be accepted for the shortlisting process Location: Staveley, near Kendal, with the flexibility for some homeworking. There will also be some driving around the county.