Development Manager (Software)
After another year of exceptionally strong growth, we’re on a mission to take our product to the next level. Like any software company with big plans for acquiring market share, we’re super excited to keep building and evolving our product in a way that both our customers and our market loves.
So now we’re looking for a hands-on Development Manager who craves a career-defining position in a fast-paced tech company, where you really can make a huge difference to what we do and how we do it. You’ll join and manage our four small-but-well-established teams of development experts, where you’ll work closely with our Product Manager to implement your own stamp on a product that’s loved across the US, UK, Europe and Australia, too.
We want someone who’s ready to take the step up to be a manager, but still wants to get their hands dirty with the day-to-day of development. Want to help drive our product solution, architecture, and implement efficient DevOps processes? Then we want to hear from you.
Who are Software2?
Hey there, we’re Software2! We’re an EdTech company making big waves in our industry, with an even bigger appetite to win more customers and grow more quickly across our key markets.
We’re on a mission to give students the best experience possible from their time at university, by providing our award-winning technology exclusively to Higher Ed. Currently used and loved by over 2 million students across the globe, to-date 15 apps are launched through our very own software product – AppsAnywhere: an app store for education – every single second, worldwide!
With rapidly growing customer communities across the US, Canada, and Europe, alongside an already market-busting share in the UK, we’re taking Higher Ed by storm. And we’re totally transforming how students get access to their academic software.
We’re super proud of our business, and we want to find an exceptional candidate who understands why.
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of writing and consuming APIs
- Team Leading or Management experience
- Understanding of OOP and design patterns
- Experience in Continuous Integration \ Deployment and streamlining deployments
- Experience of IT project delivery through agile methodologies
- Identify new and incremental product opportunities.
- Work with the Product Manager and DevOps engineer, Development and Project teams to help plan product roadmaps and delivery schedules.
- Experience managing Cloud-based solutions using an Agile Methodology, preference given to AWS/Azure based solutions
- Enjoy working in a growing company working to improve the product and processes