Press Officer (maternity cover) - Full-time
SJM Concerts are at the forefront of the Live UK Music market. We promote the biggest UK acts and many world-renowned artistes in the concert and events industry.
This is a temporary fixed contract role of maternity cover which will be full time office based in Manchester.
The ideal candidate will become a key member of an extremely busy and efficient PR department to maximise media exposure of events promoted by SJM Concerts.
Generate announcements and publicity for new tours; liaise with PR companies to maximise exposure, and promote gigs through competitions, interviews and editorial for both print, radio, tv and online. To write press releases, blogs, reports and form close professional relationships with key contacts including influencers.
To be highly efficient, organised and enthusiastic, with an ability to thrive under pressure in a stressful environment - and a passion for the music industry is a must have.
To market all events promoted by SJM Concerts in conjunction with the promoters and directors in a cost effective, efficient manner to the excellent first-class standards upon which SJM Concerts has built its reputation.
- Knowledge and understanding of publicity, PR, social media and music.
- Find, source and develop relationships with media and source materials and features for relevant media. Also to update all media contacts on a regular basis.
- Assisting preparation of organisational documents such as press reports, review and photo pass requests lists and interview schedules.
- Liaising with the media and assist in organising publicity campaigns both within the press, radio, tv and online forms, plus sourcing competitions.
- Assist in the organisation of special promotional events and media days.
- Respond to enquiries from the media, arrange interviews with journalists, prepare and distribute news releases and prepare / assist in issuing statements to the media with outside organisations.
- Update the monthly gig guide with subsequent distribution to contacts within the media and update listings on various sites.
- Working closely with the Digital Marketing Team to arrange competitions and source content for socials channels and share upcoming artist promotion.
- To effectively write press releases and statements that caters to each individual artist.
- Organising competitions with relevant media, writing competition copy and notifying winners.
- Managing and implementing full artist promotional days including TV and Radio appearances.
Skills / Qualifications required
- A qualification and/or strong background in Press & Media and a full understanding of the subject.
- Enthusiasm for the role and a willingness to assist and work as part of a strong team.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good language skills and an ability to write concisely.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Interested in music and the events industry.
- Able to work under pressure.
- A good aptitude for working with computers and apps.
- Ability and willingness to carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Company.
To apply, please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com, or click the link below
Closing date: Friday 30th July 2021 at 5pm