Mustard is an award winning market research agency. We help our clients improve what they do. We help them make better, more informed decisions by understanding their audiences and delivering better insight. As part of our growth strategy, we're looking to add two graduate Research Executives to our fantastic team in Manchester City Centre.
We deliver a wide range of research like branding, customer experience, advertising and product testing, segmentation and new product development, plus plenty of others. You will mainly be involved in providing support on project work from start to end, including helping to co-ordinate and manage research projects, focus group delivery, completing depth interviews, online community moderation, analysis of quantitative and qualitative data and producing reports of findings.
Ideally you will have had some exposure to both/one of qualitative and quantitative research in your studies or work experience, however this isn't essential - the main thing is that you are passionate about a career in market research.
We’re looking for people who..
- Are inherently proactive
- Have an interest in brands
- Can handle a variety of tasks at once
- Will go the extra mile for our clients
- Are not afraid to question
- Love to challenge themselves
- Are comfortable with numbers
- Love interacting with people
- Are accurate and efficient
- Have an eye for detail
- Are aware of what’s going on in the world
- Have an analytical mind
- Love finding out what other people think and why
- We like everyone to help grow our brand, so you’ll also be expected to get involved in other things like blogs, social media and helping generate ideas for marketing.
- We're looking for somebody with at least a 2:1 degree or an expected 2:1 degree. There's no set subject area on this, our team have a wide variety of backgrounds such as Business Studies, Marketing, Geography, Sociology, Psychology and History amongst others.
- You'll be using Excel and PowerPoint every day so this is key!
Other skills include:
- Being able to work to deadlines
- Being confident in speaking with our respondents and clients
- Being confident with numbers
- Being able to consolidate and analyse data and information to find key themes
- Being able to present information in a clear and visually appealing way
- Any other relevant and beneficial skills you can bring to the table like design, social media analytics, statistical analysis or desk research (or anything else!) would be advantageous
What’s it like to work at Mustard?
We pride ourselves on providing a genuinely progressive place to work, with a focus on staff development, rewards, experiences, relationships and happiness (so much so, we won an “Employer of the Year” award for this). Some examples of this include:
- Structured career development and investment in training opportunities of interest and relevance.
- Giving one of our team the autonomy to take their idea for a new App through to development and launch.
- Annual Christmas party abroad - Barcelona, Berlin, Munich, Copenhagen, Prague and Lisbon have all had the pleasure of welcoming us!
- The second Friday each month is Free Drinks Friday where we stuff an envelope full of cash for everybody to go out and have a few drinks.
- We’ve allowed a key member of our team to spend a year on a client-side placement to enhance their skills in a specialist area and supported them in developing a new sub-brand.
- Every few weeks we keep Deliveroo busy and get everybody lunch as we hold our ‘Late Late Breakfast Club’ sessions where we share knowledge/experiences from conferences, projects, TV shows, training etc.
Other benefits include…
- 26 days holiday per year, which increases to 27 after 3 years and 28 after 5 years
- An attractive pension scheme
- Pay for your membership to a healthcare scheme
- Pay for you to complete the Market Research Society Certificate
If we sound like the sort of place you want to start your career and you think you’re the right person for us, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. This should detail your experiences so far, your reasons for wanting to start a career in market research and with Mustard, and also demonstrate how you stand out above other candidates.