TransUnion is a global information and insights provider and a leading UK credit reference agency. Offering specialist services in fraud, identity and risk management, automated decisioning and demographics, we support organisations across a wide variety of sectors including finance, retail, telecommunications, utilities, gaming, government and insurance.
We specialise in managing consumer data for businesses and focus on developing innovative products and services that help businesses make smarter and more informed decisions throughout the customer lifecycle.
We’re TransUnion and we believe in Information for Good. We’re looking for a talented PR specialist to join our growing UK communications team.
In this fast-paced role you’ll work with our wider marketing team to deliver marketing PR across a range of sectors including financial services, gaming, retail, insurance and more. You will oversee activity with our PR agency and will write, review and edit content as appropriate to promote and protect our reputation. From product launches to global thought leadership campaigns, you’ll manage a busy schedule of planned activity, as well as reacting to news opportunities and supporting stakeholders across the business in sharing our stories. Whether you’re currently an account manager at a PR agency or working in an internal press office team, this exciting role will offer a host of development opportunities as part of a global team.
- Being the key liaison for our B2B PR agency, ensuring that activity is carried out in line with plan as well as seeking out new opportunities and reacting to news and industry topics
- Overseeing media lists to ensure optimum targeting and building relationships with key trade and local media where appropriate
- Liaising with stakeholders across the business, particularly our TU spokespeople, to gather insight and input into our content
- Writing engaging content for press releases, bylined articles, commentary and other thought leadership to drive increased awareness of the TU brand and our products, and reviewing/editing content prepared by our PR agency
- Briefing spokespeople ahead of interviews or speaking opportunities to ensure key messages are conveyed and that they are aware of any relevant topical issues
- Sharing news stories on social media, working closely with the PR assistant and social media manager
- Responding to media enquiries, liaising with relevant stakeholders and ensuring deadlines are met
- Liaising with the UK marketing team, including weekly meetings with campaigns and social media to share updates, maximise multi-channel opportunities and plan out scheduling etc.
- Sharing stories with internal comms as appropriate and supporting activity to increase visibility of Marketing within the wider business
- Overseeing input of PR content for newsletter, working with the PR assistant
- Overseeing the monthly PR report, working with the PR assistant
- Keeping all logs and activity planners up-to-date
- Providing metrics for UK, international and global reporting as required
Required Skills / Qualifications / Experience
- Well organised self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Proven PR/comms experience
- Comfortable liaising with media, on both a proactive and reactive basis
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple activities while ensuring timescales and deadlines are achieved
- Able to effectively manage a third party relationship with a B2B PR agency
- Flexible and adaptable
- Communicates with clarity
- Attention to detail with strong proofreading skills
- Able to draft compelling and engaging copy, distilling complex information into clear and insightful content
- Collaborative with the ability to influence relevant stakeholders, both internal and external
- Creative and innovative
- Understanding of PR metrics and experience in evalauting PR campaigns
Preferred (but not essential):
- B2B PR expertise, with financial services and technology sectors particularly beneficial
- Experience of working in a regulated environment (or working for clients in a regulated environment)
- Knowledge of Cision or similar PR distribution and monitoring software
- Appreciation of wider marketing disciplines