Independent Chair (voluntary post)
Do you have a passion for the screen industries - and a passion for seeing Bradford prosper? If so, we want to hear from you.
Bradford is the world’s first UNESCO’s City of Film and we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join the company as its new Chair, at an exciting time. With a new screen strategy for the Bradford District, and a re-focussed City of Film at the heart of that, our new Chair will play a key role in helping the company, and the city’s screen sector, thrive and grow.
We’re looking for someone who identifies with the purpose, ambition and values of the organisation, and who can bring outstanding leadership and chairing skills to the Board. A strong communicator, ideally with a background in the screen or cultural industries at senior level, our new Chair will be:
- committed to diversity and inclusion
- a strategic thinker
- financially literate and commercially astute
- able to demonstrate an ambition for the organisation and what it can achieve.
With ten years already under our belt, we know it’s time for a change in pace and direction for City of Film to help Bradford’s burgeoning screen sector flourish.
We want to focus on two key functions
- City of Film UK – to create a one-stop shop for content creators and partners, focusing on building relationships with producers, distributors, audiences and funders across the UK
- City of Film International – to build stronger relationships with other Cities of Film and establish broader economic and academic links with UNESCO’s creative cities across the world.
Working with an expanded internal team and supported by a new Board (to be recruited following appointment of the Chair), our new Chair will have the ambition, contacts and experience to help drive the delivery of this new screen strategy.
This is a 3-year post, with the possibility of an extension to cover Bradford’s bid for City of Culture 2025
Closing date for applications – by letter with supporting CV - 15 June 2021 to Interim Chair, Sally Joynson: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact the Interim Chair, Sally Joynson: email@example.com