As part of our editorial team, you will be responsible for reviewing content across a range of campaigns and sectors, ensuring that it fully meets all requirements and our clients’ high quality expectations.
You will play an integral role in maintaining content workflows by ensuring that content is delivered on time and by giving constructive feedback to our team of writers to drive quality.
- Editing content across multiple campaigns and markets with the ability to work efficiently whilst maintaining a high editorial standard.
- Ensuring that all content adheres to both client and in-house guidelines.
- Providing constructive feedback to writers to drive quality standards.
- Responsible for writer training, progression and development and continuously looking for ways to improve quality.
- Proactively liaising with fellow editors to ensure queries from writers are answered in a timely manner.
- Regularly creating topic ideas for clients, with the ability to present ideas in the client’s preferred format.
- Liaising with project managers on writer suitability for campaigns.
- Working alongside fellow editors to interpret and action client feedback promptly.
- Training junior and remote editors.
- Native English speaker or C2 English qualification
- BA/BSc in a relevant subject
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with personnel at all levels
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills and interpersonal abilities
- Proven experience of editing, writing and managing content
- A tenacious attitude and willingness to learn quickly
- An ability to think creatively
- Proven time-management and organisation skills with the ability to self-motivate
- A good understanding of content marketing and SEO services
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Knowledge or interest in iGaming, sports or finance.
- Previous people management experience.
About us, and the non-standard stuff you’ll receive
- We were established in 2008 and we’ve grown year-on-year from day one - we grew throughout the pandemic and continued to recruit heavily
- We were acquired in 2018 by Spotlight Sports Group who are a private equity-backed sports media business (running brands such as Racing Post)
- We have a rock-solid financial platform with a strong balance sheet in our own right with revenues in excess of £10m, on top of the cash-positive backing from our owners who generate £70m+ in annual income
- Inclusive company culture with an open-door policy …as well as a two-way street flexible approach to work; work hard and go above and beyond when required and you will be rewarded in return. Hard work does not go unnoticed and neither does a willing attitude
- We offer numerous opportunities for development to get you to where you would like to be, as well as a firm commitment to your individual wellbeing -we will provide a path for progression, but we’re absolutely open to deviating away from that if another area of the business interests you more
- We provide team incentives and social events on a regular basis, as well as the support of our 80+ team members
- We offer a modern, state-of-the-art and comfortable work environment to suit everyone’s needs
- Although part of a bigger business, we try our best to retain a start-up approach and we’re given the autonomy to experiment/fail in our quest to drive the company forward
- That start-up mentality means we’ll ALWAYS listen to you and take a genuine interest in your ideas and suggestions for improvement. This goes for internal feedback around staff wellbeing and development opportunities, as well as revenue-generating initiatives. If it’s commercially viable, we’ll give it a go
- We’re a grown-up business and we’re good at what we do. We don’t always shout the loudest (intentionally!), but we have an exceptional reputation with a number of global brands who trust us with large budgets because of our work ethic, transparency and ability to get things done
And here is the standard stuff
- Healthcare, life cover and pension schemes after qualifying period
- 33 days of holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Wellbeing/mental health support as and when required
- Hybrid working – three days in the office, two from home