We have an exciting opportunity within our Content Team! We’re looking for a Copywriter to create engaging content across a range of mediums including articles, research pieces and press releases.
This could be the perfect opportunity to develop your writing career within a fast-paced working environment!
- Producing clear, compelling copy across a range of formats for both in-house and client-led projects.
- Planning time effectively in line with daily quotas and agreed deadlines.
- Interpreting content briefs to understand project requirements and maintaining an intrinsic understanding of our clients’ services, industries and audiences
- Staying up-to-date with the latest industry news, particularly in relation to financial trends, developments and regulations.
- Ensuring all content creation is compliant with relevant regulations, free from plagiarism and grounded in high quality research.
- Working with Content and SEO Managers to review the performance of your work in line with client/internal KPIs and continuously looking for ways to improve results.
- Working closely with the Creative Team to ensure that any visuals complement the associated copy and vice versa.
- Undertaking top-level keyword research and competitor analysis, applying SEO principles to maximise content reach and achieve KPIs.
- Working alongside colleagues to action client feedback promptly and adapting quickly to changes in client preferences.
- Participating in client meetings to discuss production, ideation and client vision, and formulating appropriate responses to client feedback.
- Proposing content ideas, and the strategic thinking behind them, both individually and within a group setting.
- Contributing to team learning by sharing financial knowledge with colleagues and creating resource material as required
- Financial copywriting experience, including expert knowledge of trading (commodities, equities, currencies, crypto, etc), investments, CFDs/spread betting, forex, fintech and payments.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with personnel at all levels.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Good presentation skills and interpersonal abilities.
- Results-orientated, with the ability to work under pressure and towards deadlines.
- Outstanding time-management skills, with the ability to structure your own workload effectively.
- A driven, proactive mindset.
- A committed attitude and willingness to learn quickly.
- An ability to think creatively and ‘outside the box’.
- Proven time-management and organisational skills with the ability to self-motivate.
About us, and the non-standard stuff you’ll receive
- We were established in 2008 and we’ve grown year-on-year from day one - we grew throughout the pandemic and continued to recruit heavily
- We were acquired in 2018 by Spotlight Sports Group who are a private equity-backed sports media business (running brands such as Racing Post)
- We have a rock-solid financial platform with a strong balance sheet in our own right with revenues in excess of £10m, on top of the cash-positive backing from our owners who generate £70m+ in annual income
- Inclusive company culture with an open-door policy…as well as a two-way street flexible approach to work; work hard and go above and beyond when required and you will be rewarded in return. Hard work does not go unnoticed and neither does a willing attitude
- We offer numerous opportunities for development to get you to where you would like to be, as well as a firm commitment to your individual wellbeing - we will provide a path for progression, but we’re absolutely open to deviating away from that if another area of the business interests you more
- We provide team incentives and social events on a regular basis, as well as the support of our 80+ team members
- We offer a modern, state-of-the-art and comfortable work environment to suit everyone’s needs
- Although part of a bigger business, we try our best to retain a start-up approach and we’re given the autonomy to experiment/fail in our quest to drive the company forward
- That start-up mentality means we’ll ALWAYS listen to you and take a genuine interest in your ideas and suggestions for improvement. This goes for internal feedback around staff wellbeing and development opportunities, as well as revenue-generating initiatives. If it’s commercially viable, we’ll give it a go
- We’re a grown-up business and we’re good at what we do. We don’t always shout the loudest (intentionally!), but we have an exceptional reputation with a number of global brands who trust us with large budgets because of our work ethic, transparency and ability to get things done
And here is the standard stuff
- Healthcare, life cover and pension schemes after qualifying period
- 33 days of holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Wellbeing/mental health support as and when required
- Hybrid working – three days in the office, two from home