An incredibly rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced marketeer to join our senior management team in the role of Marketing Director, leading our efforts to drive inbound opportunities for our web and mobile development services.
As one of the North of England’s fastest-growing agencies, Netsells already receives a significant volume of inbound leads each month. This role - supported by our Sales Director, CEO and CFO - is to lead on both the strategy and execution of our efforts to strengthen our market position, grow our brand and drive a constantly improving quality of opportunity to our door, as well as broader brand-driven responsibilities to ensure that we remain on the cutting edge of our sector and that our employees are proud to work at Netsells. You will play a key role in identifying the strategic direction of our business as a whole.
A successful candidate will require a demonstrable track record of growth within a B2B envir onment - ideally from an agency or bespoke tech background - through the successful ideation and implementation of a broad array of strategies and commercial tactics. We’re looking for somebody oozing with confidence, somebody who is not afraid to push boundaries and who is relentless in their approach even when things don’t always go according to plan. You will be one of the most recognisable faces of our business and our brand internally and externally, becoming intrinsically linked with our nationally recognised success.
So, who are we?
Netsells is a leading bespoke technology partner, delivering mobile apps and web platforms for some of the world's most recognisable brands across a wide spread of sectors including Trainline, Warburtons, Hiscox, Uber and YourParkingSpace. In addition to our corporate and enterprise level work, we support some of the fastest-growing startups in the UK, sometimes as suppliers and sometimes as Venture partners, where we take an equity stake in our customers businesses.
In recent years Netsells have been ranked as the 9th Fastest growing technology business in the north of England by GP Bullhound, won several Clutch ‘Top UK Developers’ awards, won SME of the year and been nominated as the DRUM best mobile agency.
We have offices in York and Scarborough, but significant numbers of our team choose to work either fully or partially remote. We are happy to accept candidate applications from anywhere in the UK, but would expect you to spend at least a couple of days a month connecting face to face with the wider management team.
What do we expect the role to entail?
Our Marketing Director will take overall responsibility for our inbound lead generation efforts. With a small team to manage initially, we anticipate this will grow over time as you're able to demonstrate a clear path for how to effectively deploy an increased budget. You shall also take managerial responsibility for the selection and performance of our external supporting partners.
Your role shall encompass elements of the below, but with this being a senior hire we expect you to have large amounts of autonomy and ultimately determine where your time is spent in the best interests of the business in your pursuit of ambitious revenue targets. Whilst the responsibilities below will be within your remit, you will have budgets available to hire team members to support you or to use external partners, rather than being expected to actually execute on all of the below personally.
- Shape the tone of our brand when we speak to the world, ensuring consistency of voice that appeals to our target demographics
- Meticulously understand who buys from us now, and who will buy from us in the future, and work tirelessly to ensure our offering is known to them.
- Develop a detailed marketing plan for board approval each quarter that is clear on targets, sectors, campaigns and key messaging, with an ability to demonstrate how this will enable us to hit our revenue targets.
- Obsess about ensuring the success of your activity is attributable and clear ROI can be demonstrated. You will own the data that enables clear decision making - such as cost per lead per campaign, and ultimately cost per sale.
- Continue to optimise marketing tools and automation across the business to capture and report on your marketing KPIs, with free reign to implement new tools to bring the best out of the function.
- Define the strategy, direction and targets for proactive lead generation and build and lead a close-knit and aligned group of employees and suppliers to execute on your strategy, never afraid to roll up your own sleeves and get stuck in. We expect such strategies to include:
Production of Written, Audio and Video content
Social Media Management, notably LinkedIn
External third party partnerships
Maintaining an awards calendar and coordinating entries
Owning all external advertising/partnerships/sponsorship spend
Overseeing the production of all creative media and marketing materials.
- Own our brand guidelines, ensuring both external and internal consistency
- To heavily support our plans for going international in coming years through research, strategy and leading the charge on execution.
- To closely monitor our competition and ensure we stand head and shoulders above them in the eyes of our potential customers.
- To own all of our different company brands' websites in their entirety, including regularly monitoring them for performance and ensuring they always represent us accurately as we grow.
- To own our ‘internal marketing’ - working alongside the board to ensure our best assets - our people - are motivated and driven to work hard for a business and that they are deeply aligned with our success.
Who do we think would be a great fit for Netsells? If the below characteristics and experience resonate with you, we would really like you to apply!
- Ideally you have experience within a similar role at a digital agency, with a track record of outstanding results. You might not be Marketing Director in your current role, but you are confident that’s the right next step for you.
- You can demonstrate success using real KPI figures and performance data
- You are a strong leader who thrives on autonomy. You should be a Director level candidate, preferring to drive yourself and not hoping to be closely managed. You want budgetary control and people to manage, and you're great at getting strong results from the people around you.
- You should have personality and confidence in abundance; we’re a company who isn’t shy of strong opinions or ruffling feathers in our ambition to truly dominate our sector
- Ability to make friends and influence people, with a love of meeting new people and a likeable nature.
- The clear ability to think through and deploy strategies that get you what you want
- Be exceptionally organised. You probably love a to-do list and strive for inbox zero!