SEO / PPC Strategist
To make an impact that matters, have an idea that matters.
Like many of today’s most successful businesses, Deloitte’s finest creative output now comes from within. 368, our in-house agency, are a team of strategists, creatives, filmmakers, developers, event specialists, and more.
We work together to create everything from brilliant brand campaigns to beautifully designed bid materials. Our aim is to create the strategy, ideas and executions that set our brand apart as a world-leader. Our firm’s projects are as diverse and impactful as they come, from tackling the climate crisis, to innovating new technology products. In 368, our role is to help share these incredible stories, bringing them to life via integrated solutions that are as creatively effective as our clients are diverse.
368 is Deloitte’s internal creative agency, providing a range of marketing services including strategy, creative, production, and channel activation. In our 2nd year as an agency, we are entering an exciting phase of building out our strategic and creative offering to develop industry changing marketing and award-winning creative.
This is a great opportunity to be at the forefront of the agency as we shift from delivery partner to strategic partner. We are looking for a Search Strategist to join our Marketing Intelligence team. This role will serve as the search specialist for the agency, advising across a variety of campaigns and will act as an advocate and catalyst for search within the organization. https://youtu.be/X1Zlkkp-_dg
- Provide organization with the understanding of the opportunities presented by organic and paid search by supporting the education of marketing colleagues across the business and keeping abreast of the latest advancements and trends within the industry
- Create search campaign strategies for our internal marketing clients to deliver against business and organisational objectives.
- Advise on marketing opportunities, basic keyword recommendations & competitive research
- Support brand campaigns / advertising campaigns through the development of SEO and paid campaign strategies, develop specific KPIs, and budget allocation
- Work with external vendors to support the delivery and measurement of campaigns. Manage external agencies to deliver gap analysis, detailed keyword /content recommendations, competitive keyword analysis, and off-page optimization recommendations
- Work with internal teams such as website, social and creative to ensure keyword recommendations and page optimisation recommendations are implemented
- Support our website team in identifying and resolving performance issues
- Identify SEO best practice such as metatags, redirects, site maps, backlinks and work with website team and developers to implement
- Support the use of search as an input to analytics and insights reports, using search as a way to influence our business strategies. Work with analysts to pull appropriate data and metrics to support the auditing and strategy development process
- A proactive and progressive mindset
- A strong understanding and experience in implementing B2B organic and paid search strategies
- Experience managing both internal clients and external vendors
- Experience using SEO tools such as SEMrush
- Experience presenting to large groups for training, strategy development, and analysis
- Experience of digital marketing, either within an agency or directly for a brand
- Experience working in a matrixed organizational structure with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- Ability to prioritise time and make judgements on when to engage an external vendor for support
- Ability to critique SOWs and external search agency deliverables to ensure maximum value
- Proven track record of delivering improvements in SEO
- An understanding of international SEO domain strategy
Skills and Capabilities
- 4+ years working in SEO & PPC, preferably in a corporate or B2B environment
- Excellent communication skills
- A good understanding of the interplay with wider digital marketing disciplines, including digital analytics, marketing campaign strategy, advertising campaigns, social, and UX, and content creation / though leadership development
- Understanding of how SEO and PPC work together
- Basic understanding of PPC, ideally AdWords certificated
- Experience in content SEO strategy and optimisation of content for search
- Good experience with tools like Google Analytics, SEMrush, amongst others
- Experience in using Web Analytics to drive insight and identify key opportunities for improvement
- Someone who can prioritise, set goals and adapt to a workflow that can change direction quickly
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.