Hello, thank you for your interest in this role! I’m Alexandra and I lead Operations for Prolific North, an independently-owned publishing and events company based in Manchester.
Our events portfolio includes acclaimed award ceremonies, expos and other industry events that provide a unique way for readers and partners to network and engage.
Last year our biggest ever event, Digital City Festival, brought thousands of professionals to Manchester Central for a week-long series of events. And despite the trials of Covid-19, we have continued to innovate this year, with a number of virtual events, including a two-week festival broadcast from MediaCityUK.
We are now looking for a full-time Event Manager to oversee and deliver the complete life-cycle of our events portfolio, with a focus on Digital City Festival and our Awards programme: Prolific North Awards, Prolific North Marketing Awards and Tech Awards. You will be working closely with our trusted suppliers and partners as well as looking to grow the Events team in the Autumn.
- Project management, budget management and measuring and reporting the success of our events.
- Management of internal project teams, such as marketing, sales, and/or editorial to deliver project objectives.
- Curating content across events, in particular for Digital City Festival, identifying and securing prominent industry figures to speak at the event.
- Being the main point of contact for exhibitors and sponsors, liaising with them to provide excellent customer service and help to plan their exhibition stands.
- Liaising with suppliers such as AV, exhibition stand providers, and venues to deliver a safe event on time and following a schedule.
- Leading on event logistics; liaising with the marketing team and external suppliers on event design.
- Content management and systems admin.
What we’re looking for
We welcome applications from everyone, and are really keen to build a diverse and truly inclusive team. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to do everything mentioned below, the most important thing is your attitude, interest in events and eagerness to learn new things. If you’re conscientious, proactive and able to keep calm under pressure - we want to hear from you!
You’ll be a great fit for this role if…
- You’re ambitious to progress and are someone who takes lots of ownership and responsibility over what you do.
- You hold yourself to a high standard and take pride in producing high-quality, thoughtful work.
- You have end-to-end experience as an Events Manager - especially in producing and delivering exhibitions/conferences.
- You can demonstrate an understanding of what goes into producing a large scale industry B2B event.
- You’re confident speaking to external stakeholders on the phone, pitching ideas in meetings, giving your colleagues constructive feedback and holding the team accountable.
- You’re knowledgeable about the digital, tech and marketing sectors in the UK (ideal, but not essential).
- You’re creative, full of ideas and excited to collaborate to solve problems together.
- You’re organised, process-driven, comfortable with change and able to keep calm under pressure.
- You’re super comfortable with digital work (you’ll need to learn how to use several events management platforms and websites).
- You can multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Flexible location working - after your induction, you’ll spend Mondays and one other day of your choosing in our Northern Quarter office space; you’re free to work from wherever you like (including the office) the remaining three days of the week.
Holidays: 20 days, plus bank holidays and early end of year shutdown. Start date: June/July 2021
Please complete this Typeform to apply
Stage 1: Typeform. Not timed. Any questions: email@example.com. No CVs.
Stage 2: Video informal conversation
Stage 3: Face-to-face interview