Weber Shandwick is looking for an Account Manager to join our growing Corporate Affairs team in Manchester. The successful applicant will act as a day-to-day lead for a range of some of our most prestigious clients whilst managing and motivating a team to produce high quality, engaging programmes of work for them.
We are looking for an experienced corporate communications & public affairs professional who has a strong background in consultancy alongside commercial awareness and an entrepreneurial spirit. You will be given significant flexibility and support, to shape and develop the role as you work on existing clients and help lead new business in the future.
The core of the role
You will be the day-to-day lead (supported by a Director) on some of our flagship clients in the Healthcare, food and drink, retail, sustainability, technology sectors with public affairs and issues management specialisms. You will have responsibility for managing client relationships, providing senior counsel, setting programmes of work and ensuring activity is delivered by the whole client team.
Key areas of expertise and experience will include corporate reputation, media relations and strategic advisory.
- Develop and grow positive relationships with clients, maintaining the company's reputation in terms of delivery and quality
- Provide strategic counsel to clients where possible, being able to assess problems and define logical and effective solutions for clients
- Lead the delivery of a high profile accounts across multiple markets, based out of the UK
- Brief and inform account teams. Communicate expectations/goals to the team on an ongoing basis, helping to keep the team motivated by communicating clear tasks and actions
- Work successfully with partner agencies as part of a client integrated agency team, both internally at WS and externally
- Work effectively with finance colleagues to deliver accurate quotations for all client projects or new business work
- Write well-structured, persuasive copy and help train other team colleagues to do the same
- Contribute innovative ideas for the client and new business work, inspiring ideation amongst team members
Who are you?
- An excellent communicator, you will build connections quickly with the people around you
- Strategic mindset - you will be able to anticipate potential roadblocks and keep ahead of the curve with emerging trends
- Proven project management skills, leading multiple teams, as well as interagency, to deliver work that is on brief, on time, and on budget
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to ensure profitability, avoiding over-servicing
- High-quality content skills
- First-rate presentation skills; accomplished at delivering successful pitches
- Curious with a drive to deliver new and premier work for the agency and client
- This will be a fully remote start, however, as our offices re-open we will permanently adopt a hybrid work schedule. This will mean, for most of our teams, 3 days in the office and 2 days remote each week!
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume, we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us, unfortunately, you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
Diversity & Inclusion
Weber Shandwick is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.