PR & Social Media Executive
We are looking for a motivated and proactive PR & Social Media Executive to join our outstanding team of Jammers.
Our new Jammer will be working alongside a great team on national and regional projects for established brands within the Personal Finance, Leisure and Recycling sectors.
Working closely with the Account Manager, you will be responsible for delivering PR and social media strategies for our clients, helping them achieve their marketing goals.
As a confident communicator and creative thinker, you will get heavily involved with delivery work, such as content writing, managing social profiles and implementing paid social activity, pitching to journalists and influencers to raise brand awareness and monitoring web traffic and metrics to identify best practices. You will support the Account Manager in creating meaningful client reports in a timely manner and begin to understand what could be done to deliver even better outcomes.
Able to work well collaboratively, you will consistently deliver against the unique set of requirements of working for a small agency.
You will be a strong writer, highly organised and an exceptional communicator, comfortable speaking with and building strong relationships with your team, clients, suppliers and the media.
Working with the account team, you will implement hard working press offices, manage social media accounts, work to set communications plans, research for campaign proposals, contribute to new business proposals and provide robust analysis.
At Jam, we develop integrated campaigns that work across multiple channels to support our clients’ business objectives. We’re big on creative campaign ideas and data driven content that packs a punch.
- Client interaction, communicating through weekly performance calls, meetings and day-to-day contact
- Supporting the team in implementation of strategic and creative PR campaigns
- Copywriting (press releases, features, comments, white papers, reports, blogs, award entries and more)
- Media relations and coverage generation
- Monitoring clients’ industries, immersing yourself in their industry news
- Implementing best-in-class social media content that aligns with broader marketing activity
- Measure and report on the performance of all campaign activity, refining where necessary
- Supporting the broader account team with day-to-day delivery, research and reporting
- Regularly produce insightful, client-facing reports
- Supporting Jam’s own PR and marketing
Skills and experience
- 1+ years agency experience
- Demonstrable experience implementing PR and social media campaigns
- A good understanding of B2B and consumer accounts, with proven results
- Strong media relations skills and a portfolio of key coverage in national and trade media (print, online and broadcast)
- Understanding what makes a good story, tailoring content and tone of voice for different sectors and audiences
- Ability to present work in a meaningful way directly to clients and internal teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organisational, planning and time management skills. Experience of project management software, such as Monday’s preferable but not essential
- Experience with tools and software to track activity and results, such as Gorkana, Sprout Social, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Kantar, Meltwater
Above all we’re looking for a positive, can-do attitude.
What you’ll get
- The opportunity to work with leading brands
- A positive and fun work environment
- A great team and support network
- Autonomy to bring your own ideas to the mix
- A bonus structure
- Generous holidays
- Flexible working, including WFH
- Continuous training with an allocated training budget
- An office dog!
If you’ve got what it takes to become our next Jammer, send your CV and details of current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Northern Quarter, Manchester City Centre + working from home