Angel Solutions creates pioneering web-based software that serves the education industry (teachers, leaders, school improvement officers, education data analysts and more).
Most of our products are designed to save people time and deliver powerful data analysis, but that's not all we're about! We also strive to be creative and innovative in everything we do, and want to remain a friendly, close-knit team even as the company continues to grow.
- As comfortable plotting out user journeys, as bringing those journeys to life in Adobe XD, Figma, Invision or similar?
- Someone who keeps up-to-date with industry trends, and will embrace opportunities to innovate and learn at a company where hard work and creativity is rewarded?
- Are you passionate about advocating for user-centred design, and putting UX at the heart of developing digital products?
- Keen to make a real difference to health and educational outcomes in the UK, and beyond?
- Design interactive applications that are easy and intuitive to use?
- Make complicated data look beautiful and easy to understand?
- Use UX techniques such as workshops, interviews and user testing to develop an understanding of problems and how to solve them?
Our design team works closely with colleagues from across the organisation on all aspects of Design, UX and front end, across our existing product suite. A typical day may include:
- Sketching and building prototypes for pages or components in one of our existing products.
- Communicating ideas & designs to stakeholders through sketches, flows, customer journeys, and wireframes.
- Working with a developer to help translate your design into workable code
- Mapping out improvements to a user journey
- Updating the design or content of our external websites
- Designing processes and surveys to collect user data
- Designing marketing material to support our Sales team
- Making a tea round or eating cake with us
- Doing all of the above in our fun, inspirational and collaborative workspaces inc. a gypsy caravan, breakout and think tank spaces, the grandstand, a ball pool…
We expect to see examples of work / a portfolio for all design candidates, and evidence of experience in all essential technologies listed.
- 2 or more years’ experience working in a similar role
- Good knowledge of prototyping / wireframing within Figma, Adobe XD, Marvel, Invision or similar
- Deeply empathetic to customers & their experiences
- A collaborative working style
- A confident communicator & facilitator
- A history of delivering great user experiences
- Great skills in visual design and typography
- Responsive design experience
- Knowledge of accessible web design best practice
- A working knowledge of HTML/HTML5 and CSS
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with Agile processes
- Experience of designing solutions within the Education and/or Health sector
- Experience in designing and facilitating group collaboration sessions
- Experience of carrying out user testing and analysis of testing & usage data
- Experience of utilising style guides/component libraries
Due to Covid-19 we are all currently working remotely.
To apply click the link below