Account Director / Business Development - Head of Rocket’s new regional office
Rocket is a content and marketing business that works with their client base to improve understanding and better engage with youth, children's and family audiences.
We exist to tell stories about the products and services that will excite and enrich the lives of those target audiences. We are a small agency with a challenger mindset. We work with innovative companies and forward-thinking brands and organisations to solve their business problems.
Our key clients include Penguin Random House, Motorway.co.uk , Merlin Entertainment and a number of Universities and other Higher Education establishments.
To our clients we are sometimes a creative agency, sometimes an insights business and sometimes a media agency - but increasingly we are being tasked with working with them at a strategic level.
Our work encompasses content creation, content distribution, research, paid and organic social, media partnerships and digital & experiential events.
We are looking for an experienced Account Director who wants an opportunity to build and nurture their own team and accounts, ideally rising to being the office lead with a team around them.
This is a full-time role, perfect for someone who has 3 or more years experience in a marketing or communications agency and is looking for a new opportunity to learn and grow.
This role will be varied and fast-paced, joining our client services team across a wide range of projects that involve events, video, animation, content development, media partnerships, strategy, and more.
As an Account Director, you will be directly responsible for the health and growth of key accounts as well as collaborating on account strategy. You will be in contact with our clients daily, manage projects and work with the wider agency team to ensure we deliver what is needed on time and on budget. You will report directly to the Strategy Director.
We also want this person to have a track record of winning business and we want this person to win business for Rocket. Whether that be campaigns or broader relationships with target clients in the youth, family or children's space.
- Business Development; work with the CEO, Strategy Director and Head of Brand to deliver meaningful new business opportunities, meetings and pitches.
- Client service; lead client liaison across a number of key projects whilst building relationships, identifying opportunities to expand the account and ensuring client satisfaction
- Project management; work with the campaign management team to deliver campaigns that encompass creative, social and media partnerships.
- Keep projects on time, on budget, and to the brief; this entails closely managing our production team, third-party suppliers and keeping ahead of evolving client requirement
- Financial control; developing budgets and monitoring project profitability across accounts
- Quality control; collaboration with creative and content professionals with a high level of scrutiny and attention to detail
- Leadership; joining the leadership team to contribute to the overall business process and strategy
- Team development; building and training accounts staff as they progress in their careers
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years experience in a marketing, communications, media, social or experiential agency
- Familiarity with financial management
- Be self-motivated, passionate and a good communicator
- Highly experienced in business development.
Additional Favourable Skills
- Pitch and presentation experience
- Experience working with youth and childrens brands.
- Experience managing direct reports
- Management experience
At Rocket, we pride ourselves on taking care of our team as well as being a socially responsible business. We do the following to live up to this:
- Bonus scheme: All team members are eligible for a 10% annual bonus based on individual and shared performance
- Flexible working: We operate a flexible working policy that applies to all team members who have passed probation. This includes kitting out home offices and an early finish on Friday.
- We create opportunities for team members to work along with the charities we support and see the impact of our support
We use our values to constantly challenge ourselves to create and sustain a positive work culture in which we can all thrive:
- Be Free - Be free to think differently and challenge the way things are done
- Be Curious - Be curious about everything
- Be Brave - Be brave enough to speak your mind
- Be You - Be you and be authentic to yourself and others
If you believe you are the right person for this role, we look forward to hearing from you! Email your CV, with a brief cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to COVID-19, this role will be fully remote for the foreseeable future.
Rocket is an Equal Opportunity Employers. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any category or class of person protected by law.