In eight years, Prolific North has established itself as one of the leading media, marketing and creative platforms in the UK. Our newsletter is read by the North’s media big hitters and reaches 25,000 subscribers daily, while our website, with 130,000 unique visitors a month, continues to document the rapid growth and innovative excellence of the North's creative sector.
Our expanding portfolio of acclaimed award ceremonies, expos and other industry events provide a unique way for readers, partners and thousands of companies, agencies, brands and organisations to network and engage.
This year our biggest ever event, Digital City Festival, brought thousands of leaders, creators and change-makers to Manchester Central for a week-long series of events. And despite the trials of Covid-19, we have continued to innovate this year, with a number of virtual events and the launch of our first ever print title, the Northern Agency Guide.
We are now looking for a full-time Deputy Editor to help take our editorial content to a new level. You will lead the Editorial team and oversee all our content planning. Your key aim will be to build awareness and visibility to Prolific North and support its needs as the North’s leading media, marketing and creative platform.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if…
- You have previous experience within a B2B publishing context and can demonstrate a clear understanding of the fundamentals of B2B publishing.
- You have an awareness of industry trends and take an active interest in the creative sectors covering marketing, media, broadcasting, digital, tech and publishing.
- You’re ambitious to progress and are someone who takes ownership and responsibility over what you do.
- You hold yourself to a high standard and take pride in producing high quality, thoughtful work.
- You are a highly proficient writer with a confident and clear prose style, flawless with spelling and grammar, a feel for the right tone of voice to match different content styles, and an ability to find the story.
- You’re confident dealing with clients and external stakeholders, pitching ideas in meetings and giving your colleagues constructive feedback.
- You’re creative, full of ideas and excited to collaborate to solve problems together.
- You’re organised and comfortable with change and working to deadlines.
We’d love to hear about any skills or experience you have with…
- Google Analytics
- Content management systems
- Using design software (primarily Photoshop and InDesign)
As a Deputy Editor at Prolific North you will…
- Collaborate across functions to deliver an effective content strategy, including detailed editorial plans and schedules that meet the business objectives within agreed budgets.
- Work closely together with our commercial team to devise appropriate sponsored content strategies for our advertisers.
- Oversee all Prolific North content planning, from regional focus pieces, sector deep dives, research-driven initiatives and more.
- Manage editorial resources, budgets and talent.
- You will attend events - virtual or physical - and be comfortable with hosting or chairing some of our own events.
- Inspire members of the team to innovate and strive for excellence.
- Develop contacts and networks, build relationships with appropriate contributors and partners.
- Research and analyse the content environment to ensure the business remains market-leading, cascading best practice and insight.
- Ensure editorial quality assurance, so content is consistent with brand voice, style, and tone.
- Gather, analyse and present structured reports on editorial activity to the team.
To apply, please complete this Typeform, which includes a few questions about yourself and your background. You will be asked to upload a sample piece of writing, so make sure you have something ready. Please note this is not a timed assessment.
We welcome applications from everyone in our efforts to build a diverse and truly inclusive team. The role includes editorial and commercial responsibilities and the most important thing is your attitude, interest in the role and eagerness to progress. If you’re conscientious, proactive and an aspiring future leader - we want to hear from you!
For any questions, contact Alexandra (Head of Operations at Prolific North). Please do not send CVs - we’ll only be reviewing applications via the form.
Hours: 35 hours per week: 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday
Location: flexible location working - after your induction, you’ll spend Mondays and one other day of your choosing in our Northern Quarter office space; you’re free to work from wherever you like (including the office) the remaining three days of the week.
Holidays: 20 days, plus bank holidays and early end of year shutdown
Start date: January 2021