The Account Director position is a senior client management position within our organization, responsible for leading an Account Management team, accountable for delivering client revenue and growth, relationship building, marketing strategy across all channels, project development and management.
- Provide Strategic and Marketing Leadership
- Directly work with clients to uncover business needs and objectives, craft appropriate strategies, and identify/implement activity to help achieve client goals.
- Understand the importance of omni-channel marketing and ensure appropriate importance is placed on digital within the overall marketing mix
- Create clear strategic presentations for clients that position us as thought leaders on their business, and their sector.
- Be proactive in becoming an expert in key client sectors, and channels used in their core communications to be sought out for advice and leadership.
- Build and Grow Client Relationships
- To have a clear account plan for clients and drive the team to make actionable steps towards achieving our agency goals
- Act as a trusted partner by understanding the clients' business and using this to generate new ideas to enhance client performance.
- Build trust, credibility and client referrals
- Develop multi-tiered agency-client relationships and ties.
- Manage Relationship Performance and Expectations
- Achieve client targets/KPIs within the context of the opportunity.
- To understand the profitability of the client and look for ways in which to deliver positive efficiencies to the accounts future.
- Effectively Manage Client Accounts within the business
- To balance oversight and the detail for all clients within your portfolio, knowing when to step in and provide additional direction and support
- Ensure the appropriate skills and resource are planned to deliver on accounts and act with foresight when challenges are on the horizon
- To involve key stakeholders within the business to successfully work with you to achieve your account plan and client goals
- Effectively Manage Team
- Manage a team of two to four marketing professionals.
- Identify and build relationships with key agency personnel who will benefit your team, and your key accounts.
- Foster teamwork and a constructive work environment.
- Provide team leadership that reward productivity, achievement and creativity.
- Take an active interest in your teams Personal Development and work with them to meet the objectives, and areas flagged for improvement, as part of their PDP.
- Drive client target performance and revenue delivery
- To take responsibility for meeting client targets and being self-motivated to drive incremental revenue yOy.
- Report to the Senior Management Team on client accounts and financial performance as and when required.
- Take ownership of tracking client account revenues, including contribution, agency cost and external costs.
- Planning and maintenance of accurate forecasts for all accounts, based upon client budgets and planning processes.
- Ongoing management of planning and forecasting process, including regular reforecast, reporting of actual vs. planned performance, and identification of risks and any remedial actions where necessary.
- Ensure all work is accurately estimated, within agreed contractual or standard terms, and that all invoices are efficiently produced.
- Ensure all projects run profitably in-line with forecasts and that in-costs are in-line with expectations.
- Ensure compliance within account team, with all internal agency procedures, including Invoicing, purchasing and job management.
- Consistent evaluation of client and team profitability.
Skills and Experience Required
Extensive experience and exposure across a range of industry sectors and marketing disciplines, together with comprehensive experience agency side. Specific skills required include:
- Extensive industry experience or an equivalent marketing position within in business sector
- Demonstrated track record of client relationship development and service or equivalent within a target business sector
- Proven experience in managing and directing teams, working cross-functionally within an organization
- Able to evidence the creation, development and implementation of marketing communications strategies and campaign planning.
- Experience in all key areas of marketing communications, including search, digital, advertising, direct mail, promotion and literature.
- Excellent project management skills plus an ability to multi-task proficiently.
- A mix of analytical and creative capabilities.
- Effective upward and downward delegation skills.
- High level of diplomacy and ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both with clients and within the agency.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Search marketing experience would be beneficial for this role
- The role will report into the Client Services Director
- The role will work across the business at locations in Newbury, Sheffield and Leeds
- The role will be appointed to a selected group of accounts and may also work with other account teams and on new business opportunities as required.
- Line management responsibility for Client Services team members assigned to accounts, including account managers, executives and co-ordinators.
- A full, clean driving license is desirable