We're Jaywing. We transform businesses and fuel brands. Our Newbury team is expanding, and we're in need of a confident and experienced planner to help us get things done. You'll be working closely with members of our Senior Team, developing and supporting strategic projects across the entire agency, formulating brand communication strategies, and facilitating and analysing research projects for both our clients, and for Jaywing itself.
- Develop and support strategic projects across the agency under guidance of Senior team members
- Develop creative briefs alongside the client service teams adding a layer of consumer insight and stress testing solutions against the target audience
- Provide strategic advice to clients, helping to direct their brand marketing strategy and planning and knowing when to involve senior team members when larger opportunities arise
- To work in partnership with the creative team and be a respected voice in assessing solutions
- Identify the latest trends and opportunities for clients that can be executed at a tactical level but ladder up to the core strategic idea and plan
- Be curious and a font of all knowledge, empowering you to challenge your seniors and peers and demonstrating fresh ways to solve client problems
- Ability to lead content and creative workshops for clients, and internally, to unlock ideas against the communications strategy
- Ability to brief and analyse primary and client research projects and distil these into actionable opportunities for the agency and implications for the clients strategy and/or campaigns
- Map out content and social strategies that support and extend marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term
- Be a confident presenter and able to adapt to feedback “on the fly” to ensure both client strategies, and creative campaigns are effectively sold into the team
- Proactively immersing yourself in the broad range of client’s industries, business and their competitors to inform the client team and our agency expertise
- Provide regular sector updates for the internal team to keep them abreast of the latest the client “needs to know”.
- To monitor key sector competitors (for clients and agency) and flag potential impact on strategy and propositions
- To represent Jaywing as part of the All Agency team collaborating with media agencies and creative agencies to constantly improve and optimise campaigns in-flight
- Ensure all projects run profitably in-line with forecasts and that in-costs are in-line with expectations.
- Previous industry experience in a planning role
- Able to evidence the creation, development and implementation of marketing communications strategies
- Experience in all key areas of marketing communications strategy. Specific experience in digital communications strategy and development would be advantageous
- Excellent project management skills plus an ability to multi-task proficiently
- A mix of analytical and creative capabilities
- High level of diplomacy and ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both with clients and within the agency
- Able to give and receive feedback that supports the development of the agency’s creative work and improves the effectiveness of the creative ideas
- Demonstrate confidence presenting and a credible voice for the agency
- The role will be responsible for servicing all accounts within the agency and may be required to work on new business opportunities as required
- Education to graduate level is desirable but not essential
Interested? Please send your CV and cover letter through the link below.