Account Manager (Financial Services)
- Understand the client’s business, customers, markets and competitors plus, an understanding of the client’s internal issues, processes and policies.
- Attend client meetings as required, representing the agency during the meeting and agreeing to actions regarding existing projects.
- Take tactical briefs from client: to add value and proactively challenge and respond appropriately to the requirements of the brief.
- Confidently and competently present work to the client and appropriate peers.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with the client, ensuring any issues are escalated to senior account management.
- Ensure all supporting documentation is delivered to required standard (contact reports, WIP, schedules etc).
- Liaise with client’s other marketing partners (e.g. media, print, PR), ensuring an effective service is provided to both these partners and the client in turn.
- Represent the client and their issues within the agency.
- Source, negotiate and liaise with suppliers to obtain appropriate and competitive quotations and supply client purchase orders prior to ordering goods/services.
- Take amends accurately from clients and give input where necessary.
- For digital projects, liaise with project managers to ensure successful, timely completion of work and delivery to clients.
- Provide adequate creative direction and escalate to senior account management or account director where further support is required.
- Ensure work is fully checked, proofed and approved, prior to sending to client.
- Ensure timesheets are correct and up to date.
- Produce accurate and timely estimates for clients, ensuring all charges are within agreed rates and mark-ups.
- Project management of external suppliers to ensure costs meet client expectations.
- Internal cost management on projects, ensuring effective delivery within budget, purchase orders are obtained, and all costs are fully invoiced.
- Ensure projects are executed within agency costs and to clients approved budgets.
- To assist in producing accurate forecasts for clients.
- To manage and report on, all invoicing for clients and have a full financial understanding of all jobs.
- Previous agency experience
- A comprehensive understanding of all production and media.
- Experience in the key areas of integrated marketing communications, including creative brand comms, digital, performance marketing, consultancy, strategy and PR.
- Excellent project management skills plus an ability to multi-task proficiently.
- A mix of analytical and creative skills.
- Ability to write and direct marketing strategy and plans.
- High level of diplomacy and the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both with clients and within the agency.
- Ideally educated to graduate level.
- Professional marketing qualification preferred (certificate, CIM or IDM).
Interested? Please send your CV and cover letter through the link below.