Graphic & Digital Designer
Lda is looking for our next creative star to join our core team at HQ in MediaCityUK.
As a business we work across multiple disciplines and various sectors, working in partnership with our clients to deliver award winning work. You will need to be a team player that’s confident enough to speak up and share ideas, as well as work alone on projects if required. You will be design obsessed; driven by creativity with an eye for the next big design trend and the ability to translate client requirements into design whilst delivering accessible and engaging design.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Understand how to work within budgets
- Conceptualise visuals based on client requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs
- Design for digital and print projects
- Be able to work in-line with client brand guidelines
- Work with copywriters and Creative Director to develop campaign concepts
- Amend designs after feedback
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
Skills and Experience Required
- Proven experience as a Web Designer
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Core design principles for both off and online
- Working knowledge and proficiency in Adobe cloud product, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Beneficial but not essential, to have a working understanding of Microsoft Office
- Proven experience in fully responsive design
- Proven experience in designing for AA / AAA accessibility
- Good knowledge of best practices
Skills and Experience - Desirable
- An understanding of modern coding practices and languages
- An understanding of quality assurance and testing for software
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
We are huge believers in the need for a little downtime, so along with the usual 28 days holiday, you will always have your birthday off - a little birthday present from us to you (along with the cake and embarrassing office rendition of Happy Birthday).
We also believe in giving credit and saying thank you for a job well done. This could be anything from lunch on us to a hamper of goodies or vouchers to spend at John Lewis and It doesn’t stop there. Once a year we arrange an office away day, not your stereotypical ‘bonding exercise’, we’ve taken over the top floor of Hotel Gotham in Manchester for cocktail making and private dining. Sore heads in the morning are optional!
And as breakfast is the most important meal of the day, you will always find toast, butter and jam to help kick start your morning and coffee, tea, biscuits, fruit and healthy snacks to keep you well fuelled for the day ahead.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to blow our socks off...we want to hear from you.
Send your CV to: email@example.com