Lda is looking for the next great developer to join our team at HQ in MediaCityUK.
As a business we work across multiple disciplines and various sectors, working in partnership with our clients to deliver award winning work. You will need to be a team player and havethe confidence to work directly with clients, from concept to completion. We want you to be an expert in web development and interface design but even more, we want you to have a passion for pushing boundaries, disrupting thinking and creating change.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and implement client websites/template offerings - from initial concept, site architecture and user interface to finished deliverables
- Code and implement WordPress sites from Photoshop layout through HTML/CSS to a custom theme, functions and plugins
- Design and implement new features, enhancements and content of existing websites
- Create and update re-usable code libraries to streamline WordPress development cycle
- Support, extend and/or enhance existing code
- Document technical and functional specifications
- Interface with clients and the Lda team on a daily basis
- Write clean, well-documented code
- Maintain existing sites
- Facilitate client WordPress training, site documentation and maintenance
- Provide technical consultancy services to project stakeholders
Skills - Required
- 3+ years of development experience, ideally in an agency/client services background
- Experience managing a website on WordPress platform
- Experience in building responsive sites
- Working in a version controlled environment
- Strong experience with on-page SEO fundamentals
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with web standards, accessibility and usability
- Ability to solve problems and work independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Ability to explain complex technologies clearly to others
- Great communication skills to work with clients and the Lda team
- High attention to detail
Skills - Desirable
- Knowledge of page builder technologies such as Elementor
- Knowledge of using and implementing 3rd party APIs is a bonus
- Experience with e-commerce, preferably WooCommerce for WordPress
- Experience in setting up and deploying websites
We are huge believers in the need for a little downtime, so along with the usual 28 days holiday, you will always have your birthday off - a little birthday present from us to you (along with the cake and embarrassing office rendition of Happy Birthday).
We also believe in giving credit and saying thank you for a job well done. This could be anything from lunch on us to a hamper of goodies or vouchers to spend at John Lewis and It doesn’t stop there.
Once a year we arrange an office away day, not your stereotypical ‘bonding exercise’, we’ve taken over the top floor of Hotel Gotham in Manchester for cocktail making and private dining. Sore heads in the morning are optional!
And as breakfast is the most important meal of the day, you will always find toast, butter and jam to help kick start your morning and coffee, tea, biscuits, fruit and healthy snacks to keep you well fuelled for the day ahead.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to blow our socks off...we want to hear from you.
Send your CV to: email@example.com