Are you an Operations Manager looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to grow within a creative agency?
We are looking for someone with agency experience who is eager to get their hands dirty;someone who wants to thrive personally and as part of a tight knit team;someone who is excited and dedicated to ensuring the agency succeeds;someone with ambition and drive to make things happen;someone who is naturally organised with the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
Does this sound like you, or someone you know?
At Spark, we work hard and play hard, which is why we offer a minimum of 28 days holiday (plus the Bank Holidays) as one of the perks.
Of course, you'll get your pension and we'll match what you put in (as any company should).
Main duties of the post (top level bullet points!):
- Monitoring, reviewing, instilling process in all parts of the agency - is every department working to its most efficient and profitable potential?
- Time management of staff and billable time, including the reviewing of timesheet reports and prioritising workload based on business needs; sickness and holidays
- Client accounts and project budgets, monitor, review, report to directors, stick within parameters of commercial budgets whilst hitting deadlines and ensuring the teams produce the highest quality of work
- Spend management - establishment, overheads and suppliers, monitor, review, renew, budget
- Supplier management, time, money, terms
- Monitor, review legal paperwork for projects, suppliers, retainers, T&Cs.
- Resources - ensure everyone has the right resource to do the work required
- Office management - manage bookkeeper/PA with secretarial duties
- Middle management between directors and agency team (part of SMT)
- Monitoring and reviewing of rates and services within agency (with directors) Legal disputes facilitator
- HR facilitator (work with line managers and staff - contracts and paperwork, appraisals and PDPs)
- Recruitment - facilitate, induct Traffic management
- Finance management
- Drive and motivate the team in order to hit agency targets
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Minimum of 4 years experience in an operational role
- Experience of managing a team and conflict resolution
- Agency experience is essential
- Understanding/knowledge of systems which agencies may use, for example, project management (if you have already used Workflow Max, this is a bonus)
- Acute commercial and business awareness and understanding
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Highly organised with the ability to manage up, down and self
- Confident decision making and problem solving
- Astute initiative
We encourage work-from-home days and flexible hours to suit you and the agency. If this has got you all meerkat, then take a look at the job spec for more detail on our site and get in touch at email@example.com