Agency Sales Apprentice (Manchester)
The Airtime Sales Department is charged with making the maximum amount of advertising revenue from Channel 4’s portfolio of products on a sustainable basis.
The Nations & Regions Sales Department is based in Manchester and works with all prospective clients and media agencies outside of London. Through the Airtime Sales and Partnerships teams, we sell and administer advertising space across Channel 4’s owned channels – C4, E4, More4, Film4, 4Music, The Box Channels and All4 (our Video on Demand service. We also look after the advertisements across our partner channels – UKTV (inc. Dave, Gold, Eden, Really, Drama etc,) PBS & BT Sport channels.
- You will be supporting the Nations & Regions Sales Department with the administration of advertising campaigns
- Processing multi-media campaigns for our clients & partners
- Monitoring campaigns for accuracy of delivery versus agreed terms; ensures that inventory is optimised across all platforms with minimal wastage. (You will be taught about all of this of course!)
- Respond to ongoing agency/client requests and queries
- Ensure deadlines are met
- Awareness of industry guidelines and regulations (OFCOM, BCAP, Clearcast)
- Develop good external and internal relationships across multiple departments.
Essential Attributes for a Great Candidate
- You’ll need a passion for television and the media
- Strong organisational and practical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- An interest in working for Channel 4 and an understanding of its aims.
- Computer literacy
- Ability to take and carry out instructions accurately and also work independently
- Ability to deliver to strict deadlines in a professional and thorough manner
- You do not need experience of Media Sales, full training will be provided as part of this opportunity.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
- Eye for design / Photoshop skills
- Creative writing
Alternative Application Formats
If you are unable to complete a written application form, we want to make the process of applying for one of our opportunities right for you as an individual. If needed we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Talent for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying. Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here.
If you would like to apply for an opportunity at 4Talent and we can help to make that process simpler for you, please email us at 4Talent@channel4.co.uk or call Yasmin Mehmet on 0207 306 5188.
Closing Date03 April 2020 at Midnight. Start date: 7th September 2020. This apprenticeship is based in our Manchester office and lasts for 18 months. The assessment day for this role will take place on the 7th July 2020.