Senior Graphic Designer
Creative, high calibre, very experienced Senior Graphic Designer needed for our growing team, working with global brands in sport and music. To make the agency, our work and our clients look brilliant, by ensuring everything that Ear to the Ground designs is of an outstanding standard.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
- Lead on all agency graphic design
- Mentor more junior Designers
- Lead on department standards and processes
- Provide design inspiration to your team
- Manage and direct the conceptualisation and implementation of design solutions to meet creative briefs for both internal and external projects.
- Play the lead role on design projects and supervise intermediate and junior designer(s) in creating concepts, comps, layouts and final art.
- Work closely with the Creative strategy team to ensure all design output aligns with our company proposition providing fan-focused design.
- Implement and manage an industry standard process for the Design Department.
- Work with Creative team to understand and refine creative briefs.
- Attend cross-departmental creative meetings providing design / Directional insight and inspiration for creative projects.
- Help to develop the careers of intermediate and junior designers, providing direction and management where needed.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure our pitch documents are designed to a high standard.
- Ensure Ear to the Ground’s marketing collateral is consistently of a high standard.
- Work with the marketing department to create exciting and engaging marketing concepts to sell Ear to the Ground.
- Provide inspirational resources and prompts to creatively inspire the agency.
- Ensure the processes of the department are as efficient as they can be using knowledge of what works at other agencies.
- Oversee print processes to ensure the best quality print output
- Maintain and develop relationships with printers to ensure quality output at good prices
- Maintain and develop realtionships with freelance designers, visualisers, and other creative suppliers
Skills & Experience - must have:
- 10 years experience in a creative agency
- At least 1 year experience managing intermediate and junior designers
- Art Direction experience and portfolio
- Portfolio of cross channels marketing campaigns worked on
- Excellent ability to use Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat and other design mediums
- Expert technical skills on Adobe suite software
- Broad knowledge and ability to implement industry standard design department processes
- Experience creating new brands and brand guidelines
- Experience in both print and digital design. Experience on HTML a plus.
- Natural flare for creative communications and proven ability to develop design concepts that drive results
- Ability to work with critique and feedback
- Keen eye for detail
- Extensive knowledge of print processes
- Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Inspirational knowledge of art /culture / design / photography
- A keen interest in sports and / or music
Reports to: Creative Director; Responsible for: Midweight Designers
To the Ground is the sport & music agency driven by Fan Intelligence®.
Built on a 6,000 strong network of cultural tastemakers, influential fans and academics, our proprietary Fan intelligence® model ensures that we stay connected to the revolutionary ways that fan behaviours are changing.
Working with ambitious brands and rights holders, we use this model to develop campaigns that deliver real results. From defining brand propositions to refining asset portfolios, analysing audiences and creating activations that fan bases will love; we build, curate and amplify campaigns that leverage the commercial power of fan bases and help our clients get more value from their assets in sport and music.
2020 represents a fourth year of growth for the agency, building on a client roster that includes PlayStation, FIFA, Beats By Dre, UEFA, eToro and Asics. To keep growing and delivering world class work, we need more brilliant, passionate and ambitious people to join our team.
We are dedicated to making Ear to the Ground an amazing place to work where people grow, develop and thrive. We pride ourselves on our dynamic and exciting culture, excellent support of staff and fantastic benefits package. We have made it our mission to lead the way in being an inspiring, future-thinking, creative agency and are invested in our people because they are the ones that will make that happen.
To apply, send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org