Marketing, Communications and Public Affairs – Strategic Lead
At ClwydAlyn we put people at the heart of our business.
We are on an exciting journey with a new business plan focused on tackling
poverty across North Wales where we provide our homes and services. Everything we do will be based on our values of trust, kindness and hope.
To support our journey, we’re looking for an experienced Communication, Marketing and Public Affairs specialist to join our team.
As our Marketing, Communications and Public Affairs Strategic Lead, you’ll be accountable for ensuring that we have a clear brand identity, we are promoted as an employer of choice and that our reputation is protected and positively promoted. You’ll understand the strategic objectives of the business, developing and implementing an approach to communications, marketing and public affairs that is engaging and supports our mission.
You will lead a team of communications and marketing professionals, role modelling the most innovative use of insight, digital technology and social media to deliver communications that provide the most value to our people, residents and stakeholders; ensuring the right messages reach the right audiences at the right time.
Your role is instrumental in raising our profile at regional and national level, helping to grow our business by actively identifying and promoting opportunities where we can influence the housing agenda and support the eradication of poverty in Wales.
- To lead and develop our communications and marketing team; owning a program of work that will deliver the communications and marketing strategy, keeping informed of business activities that could impact the delivery of the strategy; whilst proactively responding to business needs.
- To measure the impact of the strategy and evolve it in-line with the development of our business and new strategic objectives.
- Raise the profile of our business through a variety of channels; work with key stakeholders to identify spokespeople for specific topics. Take advantage of media and speaking opportunities, enabling us to deliver our key messages about the services we provide to fulfil our mission ‘together to beat poverty’ and how, through our people, we improve the lives of our residents.
- Position us as a key player regionally and nationally by maintaining and building new relationships with influential leaders and using media opportunities to shine the spotlight on what we do. Lead and be an advocate in campaigns to raise the profile of the housing sector alongside sector bodies and other key influencers and at a Welsh Government level.
- Keep informed of legislation, identify business risk and provide assurance that protects our business and maintains our good reputation. Develop good relationships with the local media as well as trade press and maximise positive press coverage. Lead on crisis communications management and ensure the business is always positioned to positively respond to incidents that could cause reputational harm.
- Work in partnership with colleagues and partners to positively promote activity that is “going on” across the business, so that all colleagues are kept informed using information that is consistent and easy to understand. Promote the organisation as an employer of choice and help to attract and retain great people.
- Develop, implement and manage existing and new innovative social media and digital channels to continually improve communication across our business and with key stakeholders. Work with partners where necessary to deliver a professional marketing and communications service.
- Continue to develop and maintain a strong and consistent brand identity for our organisation and use insight to drive campaigns, that promote our business, our services and our people through a variety of channels whilst further developing a digital approach to marketing and communications.
- Lead on the creation, implementation, marketing and communication of key events and publications and develop and maintain a schedule of internal and external activity.
- Manage the marketing and communications budget to ensure best use of resources, a return on investment and value for money.
This role can be offered on a part time basis.
In addition to a salary range of £42,000 to £47,000 (full time equivalent), we offer a range of benefits including up to 30 days annual leave (full time equivalent), life assurance, matched pension contributions, EAP scheme and voluntary benefits.
If you are interested and would like to understand more, let’s have an initial conversation. For further information contact Elaine Gilbert: email@example.com or call Elaine on 01745 536829
The closing date for applications is 10am Wednesday 22nd January 2020. Interviews will take place on Thursday 30th January 2020.
We are looking for direct applications only, therefore no agencies please.