PR & Social Media Account Exec/ Senior Exec
We're looking for an account executive to join our team at an exciting time. With a number of new client wins we're looking for a seasoned exec with excellent media contacts, hunger for coverage and top social media skills.
They will work on a variety of accounts from The Original Factory Shop to Manchester Pride, Wood Restaurant Group and Diablesse Rum. No two days are the same at DATS, we look after product placement, news campaigns, events, influencer engagement, business and corporate affairs and social media marketing for our clients and as a small team every one gets stuck in.
This is an opportunity to learn and grow with the company at an exciting time of growth.
We're looking for someone with a minimum 2 years PR experience with a proven record of generating results in all elements of a PR campaign. They must be media savvy, great with clients and journalists, hungry for coverage and love their job. We want a team player who is always looking to learn and develop their career.
Typical work tasks involve:
- Liaising on a daily basis with clients and the media, often via telephone and email;
- Relationship building and networking with colleagues, clients and the media;
- Monitoring the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media site and blogs, for opportunities for clients;
- Working as part of an account team to develop client proposals and implement the PR activity;
- Preparing regular client reports and attending client meetings;
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases and social media content to targeted media;
- Promoting news stories and features to the media, known as 'selling in';
- Collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage;
- Event management, including press conferences and promotional events;
- Attending and promoting client events to the media;
- Assisting with the production of client publications, such as in-house magazines;
- Commissioning market research;
- Coordinating studio or location photography;
- Undertaking research for new business proposals and presenting to potential new clients
- Searching out and engaging with influencers for clients
- Creating engaging social media plans and scheduling them for clients
PR & Social Media Skills
- Media liaison/relations
- Develop their own ‘little black book’ of contacts.
- Media knowledge
- Develop expert knowledge of the media and learn to identify opportunities for clients.
- Media pitching
- Selling in content and material across a broad range of media, securing coverage to meet objectives.
- Read and digest all agency writing - press releases, social media plans, features, advertorials etc - to develop a sense of the consultancy house style and client tone of voice.
- Social media
- Social media channel management. Demonstrate a clear understanding of the client’s voice and work with the agency Account Manager to develop monthly content plans and respond proactively and reactively to conversation across their active channels. Stay on top of developments in trends and techniques, networks and channels - always on the look out for the next big thing.
- Provide regular thorough and clear updates to senior team members with the update to the client in mind. Assist with coverage and social media evaluation taking responsibility for excellent presentation standards.
- Develop an understanding of how their role sits within the team structure and learn to hit deadlines in good time.
To apply, click the link below to send your CV to Daisy Whitehouse