My client on the hunt for an experienced and highly motivated Account Manager to join an outstanding PR agency team and work across exciting national consumer accounts!
They are looking for a solid manager with excellent media contacts, presentation and performance abilities who is committed, passionate and has an excellent work ethic, which will become a driving force to growing and expanding the Manchester office.
- Managing a portfolio of clients’ PR accounts
- Providing strategic counsel to clients to aid their PR and wider marketing campaigns
- Providing commentators and product or company information to the media
- Building relationships with existing and new clients
- Liaising with clients regarding press campaigns, creative projects and PR solutions
- Providing innovative and creative ideas to clients
- Briefing clients and updating them on press campaigns
- Analysing PR coverage and social media activity and providing written reports
- Developing industry, sector and product focused PR campaigns
- Contributing to daily meetings, and liaising and updating clients on PR activities
- Building client relationships and maintaining a network of media contacts including journalists and industry spokespeople
- Developing news angles, stories and pitches to further the client’s profile, products and services.
- Fulfilling the client’s key performance indicators and growing accounts
- Being involved in pitching for new business and developing PR proposals
- Managing and mentoring junior members of staff
- High levels of communication - both presentation, verbal and written skills
- Impressive emotional intelligence and interpersonal expertise
- A passion for the media, including social media
- Flair for creativity, strategic thinking and innovation
- Strong copywriting and marketing mastery
- Good industry knowledge and experience in building influential networks
- Ability to create engaging multimedia content and/or outsource this effectively including the recruitment and engagement of influencers
- Must be confident developing social media strategies and setting goals which increase brand awareness and increase engagement
- Outstanding organisation with an ability to manage multiple projects, portfolios, content and platforms i.e. social media channels
- Service focused and sensitive to confidential information
Qualifications/ Experience Required:
- Candidates with relevant degrees in the arts, media or public relations are desirable.
- PR qualifications from the PRCA or CIPR are also highly valued too.
- Work experience in related fields including journalism or marketing will be considered.
At Account Manager level we would expect prior experience of:
- Experience of managing PR accounts
- Agency experience
- Evidence of copywriting, marketing and report writing, social media, event management and client liaison skills
- Strong communication with excellent presentation and data analysis capabilities
- Aptitude to build a network of influencers and press commentators
- Industry knowledge and contacts is beneficial
This is a fantastic opportunity if you’re looking to take the next step in your career and have the ability and experience to manage a portfolio of accounts effectively!
For more information and to register with Black Cherry recruitment, please contact Helen Salt on Helen@blackcherryrecruitment.co.uk or 0161 228 7239