Brand and Communications Manager
SEESAW is a new creative workplace for Manchester, founded in partnership with three of Manchester’s leading creatives.
The business is based in the newly-refurbished and Grade II Listed building, 86 Princess Street M1. SEESAW combines work, social, learning and wellbeing in one beautiful, thought-out space and has plans to grow to other sites in Manchester and further beyond. It aims to differentiate itself from the competition through curating the creative community and providing a personalised and authentic local touch.
We’re looking for our first Brand and Communications Manager who will be responsible for developing our brand strategy, for setting up and managing our communication channels and for curating our membership of like-minded, creative individuals.
This isn’t your average sales and marketing job. We’re looking for someone with a passion for engaging with people and for developing relationships with the creative community in Manchester. We want you to build our business by telling the story of SEESAW, sharing our distinct personality and making SEESAW the only sensible choice for creative co-working. Experience of setting up and managing HubSpot, understanding he concept of growth hacking and methods for capturing and utilising data will be essential.
- A passion for people; developing the business won’t be a desk based exercise, you’ll be happy to be out there, meeting people and building relationships
- An eye for detail; as comfortable creating copy or analysing data as attending events or meeting new clients
- Ability to collaborate effectively with teams and stakeholders
- Has a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Ability to work independently and autonomously. You must be confident making strategic business decisions relating to brand strategy and communications
- Track record in setting up and managing systems and processes
- Creative: a natural ideas person with the ability to turn your creative thoughts into reality
- Adaptable/versatile: – ability/humility to recognise when a change of course/pivot may be required
- Proven experience of brand management including development and delivery of the strategy
- Experience across the full marketing mix, including social and digital
- Proven ability to set up and manage a range of communication channels, in-line with our brand guidelines and tone of voice
- Experience of setting up and working with HubSpot with HubSpot training certification.
- Experience of creating a recommendation & referral strategy with a understanding of growth hacking.
- Full of creativity and brimming with ideas, comfortable in digital as well as traditional media
- Ability to write and edit crisp, clear and lively media releases and copy
- Knowledge of emerging trends in the future of the workplace and/or creative industries.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop, maintain and enhance collaborative relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts
- Experience in setting or working with metrics and monitoring them
- Understanding of the importance of the customer experience across the entire business
- Ability to scrutinise data and formulate plans based on findings
Success Metrics of the Role
- Development of a brand strategy
- Set up of all communication channels and creating of the strategy to manage them
- Occupancy targets (Year 1: 65%)
- Overall brand Net Promoter Score or other customer satisfaction metrics (to be determined)
- Help to build a community of creatives that are proud to be members of SEESAW and contribute to its unique ecosystem
- The Brand and Communications Manager will have overall responsibility for:
- Developing integrated communications strategies and campaigns, which includes public relations platforms and the use of appropriate media to reach as many relevant audiences as possible
- Developing and integrating communications plans in all aspects of the business, encouraging creativity across all mediums
- Lead the implementation of HubSpot, its execution and any subsequent staff training.
- Co-ordinate and manage the development and production of communications materials.
- Advise Managing Director and board on media strategies and provide leadership on all aspects of brand development, management and communications
- Responsibility for writing copy for and editing the SEESAW website
- Responsibility for managing social media and other communication platforms
- Initiate and project manage communications activities in all business areas.
- Analyse and evaluate impact of work through qualitative and quantitive data, identifying and sharing best practice and lessons to learn
- Establish and maintain a strong network of contacts across all media
- Actively explore and identify innovative ways of communicating effectively and imaginatively with a range of audiences
- Escalation point for issues within area of responsibility
- Ensure best practice and mandatory processes and standards are followed within area of responsibility
- Responsible for day to day management of tasks, budgets and both internal and external relationships
- Lead on the production of assets for use online and social media
Attributes for Brand and Communications Manager success:
- You want to drive quality in customer experience at every level
- You share our love for the creative industries, technology, design, and innovation
- You understand the importance of culture and role model our values
- You understand change management, conflict resolution and have a growth mindset
- You have a passion for people and understand good customer service
- You are self-motivated, passionate, empathetic and approachable
Apply by sending a CV and detailed covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification above to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Thursday October 24th.
Interviews are to be held in Manchester between November 4-6th.