PR & Social Executive/ Senior Executive
Following our best year yet we to grow our team and appoint one or more PR & social account execs or senior account execs! We are looking for PR stars with existing PR agency experience looking for their next - and best - role.To join a busy and successful account handling team in delivering the business's client PR campaigns.
The account exec position is one of the most versatile within the agency. It requires a highly energetic individual with an eye for a great story and passion for reaching out to media and influencers.
Being an organized self starter is vital for this role, as the DATS account exec is responsible for quickly responding to clients, driving the team’s creative campaigns, working to tight media deadlines and engaging with audiences on social media.
They promote the agency’s clients to their intended audiences through news items, press releases, features, case studies, product placement and social media.
By generating positive news coverage, achieving product placement in broadcast, print and new media, and placing spokespeople as commentators, a PR account executive works to proactively promote the profile and reputation of their clients.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate experience in:
- liaising on a daily basis with clients and the media, often via telephone and email;
- relationship building and networking with colleagues, clients and the media;
- monitoring the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media site and blogs, for opportunities for clients;
- working as part of an account team to develop client proposals and implement the PR activity;
- preparing regular client reports and attending client meetings;
- researching, writing and distributing press releases and social media content to targeted media;
- promoting news stories and features to the media, known as 'selling in';
- collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage;
- event management, including press conferences and promotional events;
- attending and promoting client events to the media;
- coordinating studio or location photography;
- undertaking research for new business proposals and presenting to potential new clients
- searching out and engaging with influencers for clients
- creating engaging social media plans and scheduling them for clients
- Their own ‘little black book’ of contacts.
- Expert knowledge of the media and learn to identify opportunities for clients.
- Selling in content and material across a broad range of media, securing coverage to meet objectives.
- Drafting press releases and other collateral.
- The ability to develop a sense of the consultancy house style and client tone of voice.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the client’s voice and develop monthly social media content plans and respond proactively and reactively to conversation across channels.
- Be at the cutting edge of developments in trends and techniques, networks and channels - always on the look out for the next big thing.
- Provide regular thorough and clear updates to senior team members and clients.
- Lead coverage and social media evaluation taking responsibility for excellent presentation standards.
- Be deadline focussed.
To apply for the role send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you should be our next PR star.