Looking for a career that will really take off? Well Manchester Airport is looking for a Communications Officer to join its Press Office.
Joining a team of six you will be responsible for the day to day external comms and PR for the UK’s third biggest airport.
As well as communicating to a range of stakeholders about the airport’s 210 destinations and 70 airlines, you will also get involved in a wide range of other areas across the business including retail, CSR, community relations and crisis comms.
Manchester Airport is massively growing, and we need a strong comms professional to help us on our journey.
The role sits within the Corporate Affairs team within Manchester Airport, which exists to support the business to achieve its vision through managing its internal and external reputations.
Typical Duties will include:
- To promote and protect Manchester Airport through a range of communications channels, including media and social media
- The post holder will be a key player in delivering the airport’s media strategy, supporting the overall objectives of the business and wider MAG group.
- Providing support to the Communications Manager and Senior Communications Officer, the post holder will be required to adapt their communication style for different audiences and proactively seek out opportunities to raise MAN’s profile.
- The post holder will also support MAN’s crisis communications activity, as well as supporting internal communication campaigns where appropriate.
- The individual will also get involved in other communications channels/stakeholders such as social media, newsletters, blogs/vlogs and third-party PR contacts, community/business outreach.
- The role holder will work directly with all press and media contacts, ensuring the best possible relationships are made, cultivated and maintained.
- Where appropriate, the role holder will be given license to plan, devise and implement key projects to bring to life the work of key business areas such as Community Relations, MAN-TP, Aviation, Retail, Car Parks etc..
- The role holder will also manage the logging of all of the airport’s cuttings and media coverage, with guidance from the Senior Press Officer.
- Minimum of three-four years’ experience gained in a similar industry or role.
- Agency or in-house experience essential
- Excellent oral and written English to a professional standard
- Experience in a busy, high-level Press Office environment of a sizeable business
- Track record in delivering effective local and regional communications activity to support promotion of consumer and corporate issues
- Experience in reputational and crisis communications desirable
- Experience of working with management and senior leaders desirable
- Strong press relationships and network essential
- Intelligent, commercially and politically astute and able to work at pace within a complex stakeholder environment
- Good judgement with an ability to work under pressure
- Good team player, diplomatic, with an ability to manage upwards when necessary
What we Offer
MAG offers a competitive salary plus pension, free parking and flexible benefits package. We are an employer of choice and can offer unparalleled career and development opportunities in an exciting and dynamic business.