Mid/Senior Copywriter - Full/time or Part/time
Wordsworks is one of the North West's leading copywriting agencies.
We're looking for a mid/senior level copywriter to join our small-but-friendly team.
You'll need a natural flair for writing and an ability to get to grips with sometimes complex topics, to create clear, engaging editorial across a range of disciplines. We're copywriting specialists, so clients come to us for everything from a few lines of direct mail to feature articles and white papers, and everything in between.
In particular, we work on a lot of long copy commissions like articles, surveys and reports, so you'll need to be comfortable writing and researching these types of more journalistic documents. A lot of our work is in the B2B, professional services and financial services sectors, too, so experience in writing for these industries is an advantage.
- Writing marketing material from scratch such as leaflets, emails, web pages and brochures
- Researching and writing 'long copy' documents, such as articles, reports and case studies. Length may range from 400 or 500 words to 5,000+
- Editing pre-written material for clarity, style and tone
- Proofreading sometimes quite technical documents for accuracy, house style and tone
- Managing projects from inception to sign off, including client feedback and amends
- Being responsible for your own clients and managing the relationship and on a daily basis
- Attending client meetings as and when required
- Occasional business development work, such as updating mailing lists and checking prospect contact details over the telephone
- Liaising with and managing freelancers
- Writing material for the Wordsworks website
Skills and knowledge desired:
- 5+ years copywriting or journalism experience
- Excellent English grammar and a good vocabulary
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Account management/business development experience
- Knowledge of SEO principles and practice
- Portfolio of B2B and B2C work across wide range of channels, online and in print
- Confidence and authority to advise clients on approaches to writing and communicating
- Ability to understand and clearly explain complex content
Salary and benefits
- Salary depending on experience
- 4 weeks’ paid holiday
- Part-time position is a possibility – please enquire and state your preferred hours.
To apply, email your CV, with a brief covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org