Have you got a passion for live entertainment? Do you feel the need to tell people how amazing a show is going to be? Is your contacts book bursting with journos, bookers and influencers who want to hear from you?
Rhodes Media handles the PR for live gigs, festivals, arena and theatre tours across the UK with some of the most exciting acts on the scene today. This year alone has seen us work on a wide range of shows and tours. Gigs have included Limp Bizkit, Lionel Richie, George Ezra, Def Leppard, Hollywood Vampires, boygenius, Sting and Pulp.
Theatre and arena tours have ranged from Hey Duggee Live and Hot Wheels Monster Trucks, to Loose Women Live and James Martin Live, The Good, The Bad and The Rugby podcast and Gary Neville’s The Overlap, plus adventures with Ben Fogle, Simon Reeve and Tim Peake.
Next year is even bigger and we need a talented, driven forward-thinking PR Executive to join our team and help us continue to get the word out to all elements of the media.
• You have a burning passion for music and live entertainment.
• You have a minimum of two years PR and/or journalism experience, ideally in an entertainment setting.
• You possess excellent communication skills and a willingness to pick up the phone and chat.
• Your written skills are second to none and you have the ability to write press releases quickly and accurately.
• You are able to create engaging social media content, across all platforms, and understand how to reach target audiences.
• You are familiar with pitching interview and feature opportunities to both regional and national media, including working with TV and radio bookers to make your opportunity their priority.
This is a full-time position based at Rhodes Media’s office in Bartle, Preston. Hybrid working to be discussed at interview.
• At least two years experience in a PR or journalism setting
• A creative mind bursting with ideas to get your project talked about in the media
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to create engaging and exciting social media content
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines
• A passion for live music and theatre
• A good grasp of current affairs and the news agenda
• Full driving licence
• Experience at handling crisis comms’
• Knowledge of the live events industry
• Experience with compiling informative and attractive media coverage reports
• Experience with handling media and photographers at live events
• Confidence to lead and manage on your own
• Self-motivated with a proactive approach to problem solving
• High level of integrity and discretion
What The Role Includes
• Working closely with clients to understand and execute their requirements
• Researching and writing exciting press releases
• Liaising with artist management and artists to arrange PR opportunities
• Pitching and securing a variety of interviews at both national and regional level across all areas of the media
• Identifying relevant influencers to work across specific projects
• Accompanying key artists to interviews where relevant
• On site attendance at key events as required
• Arranging media attendance and influencers/reviewers across all projects
This is not a 9-5 job. There will be times, particularly in the summer months, where you will be expected to travel, stay overnight and work very long days at events. It is hard work but if you have a passion for entertainment this is an exciting and very rewarding role.
We encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender identity, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
To apply for this job please send your CV with covering letter telling us why you are perfect for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org