Lyndsey has worked for and with some of the biggest household names in the UK, gainingn. experience by the bucket load when it comes to PR, Content Marketing, Social Media and Brand Strategy.
Collaborative Folks, is her small but mighty freelance communications consultancy. Lyndsey is an experienced brand storyteller and a master of earned, owned, shared and influencer content. She turns brands into headliners, creating the connections and assets that get brands, employers and businesses noticed in today's digital world.
With over 20 years' experience in public relations and brand strategy, Lyndsey has done everything from getting vaccum cleaners on the front page of the Daily Mail to hosting a doggie fitness class at Crufts. She has run PR, content marketing and influencer engagement campaigns both in agency and in-house.
Having run teams at Staniforth, SASS and Beattie Communications, she left the agency world in 2013 to set-up a brand communications and PR team at her former client, AO.com. There, she played a huge role in transforming the brand's reputation from a little-known online white goods specialist to the renowned online retail powerhouse it is today and was instrumental in setting the strategy that saw AO recover from an infamous SEO penalty, and also built the CEO's profile, crafted the delivery of its employer brand and handled comms surrounding its IPO.
Lyndsey has worked on 70+ brands in 20+ B2B and B2C sectors, and is highly proficient in digital PR and content marketing. Her brand experience includes: ao.com / Bentley Motors / Iceland Foods / Hermes / Boots / BBC / Manchester United / Specsavers / very.co.uk / Marks & Spencer / Thorntons / Cirque du Soleil / Nissan / Samsung / Lurpak / Cravendale / Anchor Dairies / littlewoods.com / Lambrini / Imperial Leather / Iceland Foods / Original Source / Carex / Batiste Dry Shampoo / Urban Splash / NHS / Slendertone / Breville / Stain Devils / Urban Splash / Pathe Productions / woolworths
The mix of agency and in-house experience means Lyndsey is well versed in navigating the dynamics of working practices on both sides of the client / agency fence, which enables her to work efficiently and effectively with each and every client. In 2017, she was named a top 50 in-house communicator in the north by Prolific North.
Lyndsey works with her own clients, white labels for agencies and also has experience in promoting agencies across the marketing trade press.
- B2C, B2B & corporate PR & communications strategy
- Content marketing
- Content hub and owned media strategy
- Integrated brand communications strategy
- Digital comms strategy across influencer engagement, social media & advocacy
- PR link building for SEO
- Sponsorship amplification & partnerships
- Brand activation / experiential
- Influencer engagement and celebrity endorsement
- Content creation, curation & copywriting
- External agency selection/ pitch management
- Internal communications and change communications
- Employer brand strategy
- Content, brand & PR dept / team set up and recruitment
- On/offline creative solutions
- Business unit management
- Campaign direction & day-to-day implementation
- Brand guardianship and crisis management
- Digital & social media strategy across owned & earned
- PR & advocacy strategy
- Campaign direction and day-to-day implementation
- Brand guardianship and crisis management
- Cross discipline integration and cross functional working
- International and cross-territory strategies
- P&L and budget responsibility
- Operational excellence and process setting
Specialist sectors include:
- Consumer electronics
- Food & Drink
- Leisure & Entertainment
- Travel & Destination
Julie Davies, Laing O'Rourke: “I have had the pleasure of working with Lyndsey as both a colleague and a client and have found that, without fail Lyndsey is a dedicated, confident, creative and results-driven PR professional with exceptional skills across the PR spectrum. She is truly an asset to any team or organisation".
Rob Townsend, M24Seven: “Lyndsey is a pleasure to work with and is an extremely driven and focused individual. Such a positive and addictive personality, always brimming with ideas whatever the challenge. Lyndsey has a ferocious appetite to devour workload and a real hunger for more. Always seeking to innovate and trailblaze. If you are after an ideas machine that can take control whatever the situation - retain Lyndsey"
Matt Smith, Bentley Motors: “Lyndsey is a very self-aware individual with a broad range of skills. She is an asset to any team and a pleasure to work alongside."