Record number of entries submitted for the Northern Marketing Awards
The second annual Northern Marketing Awards has clearly captured marketers' attention with almost 190 entries submitted this year - a significant increase over last year's inaugural event which attracted 130 entries. The awards dinner takes place on 16 October with our guest speaker, John Maltby, CEO of the soon-to-be-relaunched Williams & Glyn bank.
Entries for the NMAs have been submitted by a wide variety of companies, organisations, institutions and agencies from across the North and include many of the North's biggest brands.
The awards address 9 sector specific categories, six broader campaign categories, three team/agency awards and a grand prix winner.
The two headline partners of the Northern Marketing Awards are Click Consult and Bytemark Hosting with individual categories supported by Better Placed Recruitment, Heawood Research, Lion Eyes TV, theEword, tecmark and MMU Business School.
The industry trade support body NABS is the Awards charity partner
At the dinner on Thursday 16 October, we are delighted that John Matlby, the CEO of Williams & Glyn bank has agreed to be our keynote speaker.
Currently part of the RBS Group, the 250-year-old banking brand will become a stand-alone operation in 2015. This will make it one of the country’s largest banks and of particular interest to SMEs and economic pundits in this region, is that W&G's market share will be around 20% in its heartland of Yorkshire, the North East and the North West. Williams & Glyn's central operations will be based in Manchester and it is certain that the bank will increasingly become a crucial and positive new force in the North's commercial fabric.
More detailed information about Williams & Glyn and the background to the relaunch together with market information can be found in this earlier article from Prolific North in March this year.
The judges meet on 9 September and we anticipate publishing the short list on Wed 10 September.
In the meantime, thank you to all the companies, organisations and agencies who invested significant time preparing their entries and we look to seeing many of you - and other interested marketers and marketing services providers - at what will undoubtedly be the largest gathering of Northern marketers in 2014 at the awards dinner on Thursday 16 October.
The Northern Marketing Awards 2014
The Northern Marketing Awards 2014 – the categories
- B2B Campaign of the Year – sponsored by theEword
- B2C Campaign of the Year – sponsored by Lion Eyes TV
- Food & Drink Campaign of the Year – sponsored by Heawood Research
- IT, Telecoms & Technology Campaign of the Year
- Not-for-Profit Campaign of the Year
- Professional & Financial Services Campaign of the Year - sponsored by Whitney Woods
- Property & Construction Campaign of the Year
- Retail (on or off-line) Campaign of the Year – sponsored by Better Placed Recruitment
- Sport Campaign of the Year
- Tourism & Leisure Campaign of the Year
- Low Budget Campaign of the Year
- Social Media Campaign of the Year - sponsored by tecmark
- Sustainable/Green Campaign of the Year
- Best use of Research or Insight – sponsored by MMU Business School
- Best In House Team
- Best Small Agency (up to 30 staff) - sponsored by Bruntwood
- Best Large Agency (over 30 staff) - sponsored by Pitch