The deadline for entries to the inaugural Northern eCommerce Awards, in association with UKFast, has been extended due to demand.
The Northern eCommerce Awards – (The NECAs) – are delivered by Don’t Panic Events and Prolific North and will celebrate the very best in e-commerce from across the North.
And companies now have until Thursday June 30th to submit their entries for any of the 23 categories, which look to celebrate exceptional websites, platforms, suppliers, in house teams and agencies.
The NECAs will take place on September 21st at The Point, Emirates Old Trafford, and will be the North’s biggest celebration of e-commerce success and talent.
UKFast has agreed a three-year deal to be the headline sponsor of the NECAs.
“I have said openly that it’s my aim to make Manchester the number one Tech City in the UK in my lifetime and the eCommerce entrepreneurs play a huge part in the success of this quest.
“There is an extraordinary amount of tech talent in the North. We are very proud of this fact and the Northern eCommerce Awards is an annual celebration of this that I am proud to be associated with it.”
We are pleased to announce a host of new and highly experienced additions to our judging panel, who will help us ensure the whole process is managed and ultimately decided upon with the greatest possible degree of digital expertise and professionalism. The judging is a rigorous two-stage process including pre-scoring to determine shortlists and a judging meeting where entries are discussed and evaluated in detail to decide the winning entries.
- Dan Cluderay, owner at Approved Foods
- Warren Jacobs, CEO, ActiveWin Media
- Arianne Donoghue, digital marketing manager at Icelolly.com
- Lawrence Jones MBE, CEO, UKFast
- Elizabeth Clark, CEO at DreamAgility
- Paul Hornby, head of e-commerce at Shop Direct
- Richard Kemp, head of creative and social media at LateRooms.com
- Henry Marshall, paid search manager, House of Fraser
- Aaron McGrath, UK search director, Microsoft
- Neil McKay, CEO, Endless Gain
- Jamie Merrick, director, digital solutions, at Demandware
- David Wood, founder and CEO, Jam Pan
- Pete Young, head of digital, MediaCom
- Tony Wood, head of digital and e-commerce at Manchester Airports Group
- Liliana Ashton, e-commerce consultant
- Graham Benson, CIO, Rentalcars.com
- Stefan Casey, head of retail, food and drink at The Retail Institute
- Vikas Shah, managing director, Swiscot Group
- Richard Gregory, industry expert
- Brendon Keegan, Senior Lecturer in Digital Marketing Communications, MMU Business School
The categories in full are:
Food & Drink E-Commerce Website of the Year
Financial Services E-Commerce Website of the Year
Fashion / Apparel or Footwear E-Commerce Website of the Year – sponsored by Endless Gain
Music / DVD / Games E-commerce Website of the Year
Electrical Appliances and Electronics E-Commerce Website of the Year
Beauty, Health & Well Being E-Commerce Website of the Year
DIY, Home, Furniture & Interior Design E-Commerce Website of the Year
Sports, Leisure, Toys E-Commerce Website of the Year
Travel & Tourism E-Commerce Website of the Year
B2C E-Commerce Website of the Year
Best online experience
E-Commerce Start up of the Year Awards
Delivery / Logistics Provider of the Year
Best Omni-Channel Operation
Best E-Commerce Platform
E-Commerce Company of the Year – Large – sponsored by Endless Gain
E-Commerce Company of the Year – Small
E-Commerce Agency of the Year – Large
E-Commerce Agency of the Year – Small
Conversion Optimisation Agency of the Year