Nuttersons is a design agency consisting of a small team of designers and developers who provide a broad range of design and web services to clients all over the world. We are looking for an enthusiastic web developer apprentice to work alongside our team. The right candidate must be a self-starting individual, with good organisational and written skills. They must possess an interest in design and the web development industry.
Main Purpose of Job
We are looking for someone with a keen interest in website design and development. You will be working as part of a small team. Your primary roles will be to communicate with team members and clients, and to ensure all day-to-day tasks are managed effectively. You will have opportunities to grow our brand, expand our customer base, innovate our processes, and engage with our potential and existing clients.
This opportunity is perfect for school/college leavers with real passion, attention to detail and enthusiasm for everything creative. With this wonderful opportunity there is also the possibility of gaining a degree with our new apprenticeship scheme which is run with MMU. You will have the chance to attend university once a week to complete an Information Technology Solutions Degree.
• Assisting with creating websites.
• Assisting with updating existing websites.
• Communicating via email with clients, and telephone when required.
• Communicating regularly with other team members.
• Assisting with creating email campaigns.
• Providing basic support to a wide range of clients with the day to day running of their websites and emails.
• Assisting with managing projects from beginning to end. Including; initial contact, quotations, closing sales, development, amendments, signing off, marketing campaigns, updates and reviews.
• Assisting with managing outsourced developers, designers, illustrators, programmers, researchers, marketers (training will be given).
• Assisting with setting up Adwords / SEO campaigns (training will be given).
• Meeting agreed deadlines.
• To work both independently and as part of a team
• Assisting with expanding our web design and development service through developing sources of new business.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake additional duties of a similar responsibility level as and when required.
We are looking for someone who has a keen interest in website design and development. We want someone who has experience using computers and websites alike. We need someone with excellent communication skills and the desire to work hard, learn new things and develop their skill sets.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualities:
• Experience using computers
• Interest in coding websites
• Interest in design of websites
• Experience building website
• Experience using Microsoft Office products (word and Excel)
• Experience using websites
• Experience sending emails
• Knowledge of the internet
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good communication skills, writing skills and people skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Good IT skills.
• Good organisational and time management skills.
• Able to correctly prioritise tasks.
• Take pride in your work.
• Willing to travel occasionally.
• Must be keen to progress, learn and adapt to new environments and challenging situations.
• Not afraid to get involved in a project outside of a traditional skill set.
Beneficial Skills / Experience / Qualities:
• Experience creating graphics
• Dealing with customers (in person / via email / on the phone)
• Experience of Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Knowledge of search engines
• Sales experience.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Willingness to learn new skills and rise to new challenges.
• The persistence to work hard to achieve the best possible outcome.
• Experience of breaking down large projects into smaller tasks and prioritise them accordingly.
• Understanding of cost and best value
What are the career opportunities?
On completion of this apprenticeship, apprentices will be offered a full time role. They will have many opportunities to develop in the following roles:
• IT and Telecoms Engineer
• IT Technician
• Network Administrator
• Network Engineer
• Systems support desk technician
• Web designer
• Web developer