What’s the role all about?
We are looking for passionate and innovative front end developers who have experience in using the above languages to join our Research and Development team. You’ll be challenged with providing the best possible user experience across desktop and mobile devices, for both our website visitors and existing customers.
What will my responsibilities be?
• The development of our in-house, designed and built websites and web applications
• Adding features and functionality to MyUKFast client portals
• Working with exciting new technologies, 3rd party systems and various APIs
• Updating and adding features to our company websites
• Developing new products and services
• As well as having fun working alongside a team of great people in the R&D department
What skills do I need to have?
• Passion for modern web design standards and best practices
• Experience with responsive design, cross browser compatibility and content management systems.
• Self-motivated, ability to produce quality results on fast-paced projects and meet deadlines.
• A good level of experience with PHP (5.x)
• Proven experience in website development
What’s the earning potential?
• We offer a salary of £20-35k depending on experience
What benefits are on offer?
• Award-winning training and education centre with two full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
• Table tennis and pool tables to play all day, every day!
• Computer game area – so get your game faces on
• Crèche on site – bring your little ones into work
• Gymnasium – great way to keep in shape
• Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
• Football/netball/running clubs
• Steam room to relax
• Monthly pub quizzes – friends and family can also come along
• Birthdays off as a paid holiday
• Free fruit delivered fresh to the office daily
• Bar – free drinks on a Friday afternoon!
• An extra week holiday when you get married
• Recording studio
• Onsite parking
• Summer BBQs at the founder’s home
• UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 expected to attend in 2016
• Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
• Private BUPA healthcare cover
• Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
• Family days out to Chester Zoo
• Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks
• Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
• Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
• £4000 bonus to anyone who designs a new software deemed to be useful to the business
• Reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing to Switzerland!
• Top performers achieve VIP parking
• We’re also big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1k after 5 years with us and an amazing £10k bonus after 10 years in the family
• Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
• Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
• Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contribution