We’re looking for an experienced and talented Technical Manager to join the team, leading an established team of technical developers on a large pan-European account. As a member of the team board and reporting to the Technical Director they will be ultimately responsible for delivering elegant, high quality technical solutions on time and within project budget.
The role requires a mixture of hands-on development and higher level technical project management in an approximately 50/50 ratio, therefore in addition to proven management and delivery capabilities, the ideal candidate will have strong previous experience as a technical lead on complex projects.
The successful candidate will also be expected to undertake travel when required within the UK and Europe
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
1. Technical skills:
· Proficient in handling the most complex of technical development concepts and adapting to constraints within local and remote business environments
· Strong ability to scope, cost and solve problems with architecture, coding, testing and deployment.
· Possesses good knowledge of different software systems, client/server architectures and various compatibility requirements.
· Ability to define and manage technical workflow using Agile and Waterfall process
· Expertise in defining and implementing best-practice.
· Ability and desire to lean new technologies as business demands change
1.1 Specific technical skills:
· Full SDLC experience
· Comfortable working in both Linux and Windows environments
· Strong Microsoft stack experience (ASP.NET C# with MVC framework version 4 and later)
· Knowledge of EPiServer and EPiServer Commerce a strong bonus
· Front end, Responsive design experience
· Define and implement Continuous Integration workflow including Unit Testing
· Automated deployments using tools such as Octopus Deploy and NuGet packages
· Knowledge of testing and quality management activities
· Experience working and delivering with off-shore and third-party suppliers as well as in-house developers
2. Management Skills:
· Ability to communicate effectively with the team and the clients
· Understand project requirements, co-ordinate with the PMO and the team board to direct the projects in the right direction in a timely manner
· Ability to manage change and effectively pass on the information down the line to team members
· Delegate and allocate responsibilities efficiently to manage projects end to end
· Works well under pressure
· Effectively lead the team and inspire others across the business to achieve through innovation, quality and excellence
· Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of team members and suitably make changes if required
· Resource management skills and ability to handle complex / sensitive issues
· Encourage team interaction, boost employee motivation and appreciate team contribution
· Ability to match project tasks with opportunities for development so that employee potential is utilised to the maximum