Amaze is looking for a high calibre leader of an established team of technical developers working exclusively on a flagship pan-European account. As a member of the team board and reporting to the Technical Director they will be ultimately responsible for delivering elegant, high quality technical solutions on time and within project budget.
This is an extremely high profile position within the business and the successful candidate must be adept in handling a dynamic and extremely fast-paced environment with tight budgets and fixed deadlines.
The role requires a mixture of hands-on development and higher level technical project management in an approximately 30% dev to 70% management ratio, therefore in addition to proven management and delivery capabilities, the ideal candidate will have previous experience as a technical lead on complex projects.
This will be a client-facing role working with senior business and technical stakeholders, so excellent written and verbal communication skills are mandatory.
The successful candidate will also be expected to undertake infrequent travel when required to the client offices which are within the UK and Europe (Belgium)
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Candidates must be able to:
• Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Demonstrate exceptional ability to scope and cost solutions in detail with accuracy and confidence
• Develop clear documentation for both a technical and non-technical audience
• Demonstrate expertise in defining and implementing best-practice software development techniques
• Manage technical workflow within an Agile development process (git workflow is preferred)
• Conduct code reviews
• Set and maintain technical standards
• Mentor and advance developers of varying abilities
• Quickly POC and on-board new technologies as business demands change
Specific technical skills required
• Knowledge and implementation experience of SDL Tridion CMS (2013)
• Comfortable working in both Windows and Linux environments
• The primary solution runtime is built in a combination of Node JS, Mongo DB and Elasticsearch so it is essential the candidate has commercial experience delivering applications with this stack
• There is a complex proprietary product database fronted by .NET services. Whilst the services are generally maintained by the client, a good knowledge of .NET 4 with WebApi is required to understand the service mechanics and be able to work with a remote product team when updates may be required
• Appreciation and understanding of the latest Responsive and adaptive front end development techniques
• The primary solution is localised across the European region – experience delivering solutions using complex languages is mandatory
• The solution has a large number of integrations with third parties. Amaze are solution owners, and take responsibility for the success / failure of any integration so providing clear technical briefs and specifications within the constraints of the solution is a must
• Effectively lead the team and inspire others across the business to achieve more through innovation, quality and excellence
• Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of team members and have the confidence and strength of character to make changes if required
• Resource allocation
• Recruitment and HR duties
• Confidence to handle complex / sensitive issues
• Encourage team interaction, boost employee motivation and appreciate the team contribution
• Ability to match project tasks with opportunities for career development so that employee potential is pushed to the maximum