Looking for a new challenge? Do you have a passion for technology? Interested in the learning sector? Do you have significant experience of running operational teams within a 24/7 ITIL/ISO20000 environment? Then this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
What will the role involve? You will report to the Service Operations Manager and be accountable for the operation of a high performing multi-disciplinary technical team comprising of Business Analysts and Systems Implementation Specialists that are responsible for the investigation and resolution of 3rd line issues and delivery of new services as part of project delivery.
You will develop and lead the team and have responsibility for scoping, planning and managing capability and capacity for committed work. You will work within and use ITIL concepts and methods (Incident, Problem, and Configuration, Release etc.) to deliver to meet technical and project needs in accordance with agreed budgets and deadlines.
Who are we? learndirect is the UK’s largest provider of skills, training and employment services. We’ve helped over 4 million people gain the skills they need for work, whether its qualifications in everyday subjects like mathematics and English, vocational qualifications and apprenticeships, or higher-level professional qualifications. learndirect has a mission to change lives.
We work with more than 100,000 people and 4,000 businesses each year. We’re also one of the leading providers of eAssessment services. We’re proud of our customer base which includes household names like McDonald’s, Sainsbury’s and Greggs to name a few. Trusted and credible with our Ofsted Grade 2, Investors in People Gold and Matrix accreditations, we have built our market-leading position through our application of technology for learning and assessment.
What skills are we looking for? In-depth knowledge and/or qualification in at least four of the following:
• Linux- RHEL 6 & 7
• Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
• Java Application Servers – Tomcat, Dropwizard, JBoss
• Web Servers – Apache, Nginx, IIS.
• MS SharePoint
• MS CRM Dynamics
• Automation – PUPPET
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Oracle Your skills & knowledge:
• Strong and highly skilled communicator able to liaise with technical and non-technical staff and the ability to articulate complex technical issues to key business decision makers to arrive at the best solution or plan.
• A highly motivated individual with the drive to improve the teams and with the ability to motivate others to embrace new technology and ITIL/ISO2000 best practise.
• Practical experience of delivering support using a blend of delivery methodologies, such as Agile, DevOps, and ITIL.
• Understand the methods, techniques and management products of PRINCE2. • Ability to work to tight deadlines in a technical environment.
What’s in it for you? As an Investors in People Gold accredited company we pride ourselves in the career development our colleagues receive and we continuously strive to improve our ways of working. Everyone at learndirect plays a really important part in achieving our goals, so we think we can offer truly unique opportunities and valuable experiences. We aim to stay ahead of the latest technologies and invest heavily in the training of our staff in order to keep them at the forefront of the industry.
Our goal is to be an Employer of Choice and the first company anyone thinks off when looking to enter the industry, or an experienced professional looking for a change.
Some key benefits are:-
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. (Rising to 28 days based on length of service)
• Competitive Pay and Bonuses
• Non Contractual Bonus
• Pension learndirect welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
We are committed to diversity and recruiting to reflect the communities we serve. – See more at: http://jam-pan.co.uk