Are you fully OOP with experience in an agency or similar environment? When working on bespoke projects we work mainly within the CakePHP framework so experience of this is advantageous, but provable experience of similar MVC frameworks is accepted.
You will have good experience of MySQL Database, understanding Relational Database Design, creation of complex manual join queries and good Index use. Your front-end skills will be of a high enough standard to understand, modify when necessary and integrate the responsive HTML5 templates supplied by the Front-End team as well as enhance UI using AJAX and other techniques via jQuery or similar libraries.
Roles & Responsibilities
This specific role is to work on internal projects, as a member of a stand alone team developing cloud based (AWS at present) analytical software that will be handling thousands of concurrent hits, processing that data, and developing the back-end of the user interface for it. You will have history of collaborative development and testing methodologies and the ability to implement these if required and creating technical specification if necessary.
Coding for and releasing to a distributed hosting environment and knowledge of tools, DBMS, libraries, Linux based server software etc. that can be best used to increase performance and scalability or simplify development and release. Security of data and the platform will also be a serious requirement, so knowledge of web based attack vectors and good practice of data validation and hardening your code against misuse is a must.
In short, we want you to be an excellent software developer who can help us create the best scalable product, suggesting tools you have experience of when necessary as opposed to only having knowledge of one set of tools. We need you to be able to create accurate technical specification documentation and roadmap to release dates and be able to meet those deadlines.
• PHP Object Orientated
• MySQL (Relational DB design and complex join queries)
• PHP Framework Experience (particularly CakePHP but others are good and considered transferrable skill)
• HTML5, JQuery or similar libraries and CSS (not to the level we expect of a Front-End Developer, but still comfortable with each of these)
• Demonstrable history of using off-the-shelf CMS or E-Comms packages whether paid or Open Source, not just purely your own code.
• Demonstrable use of 3rd Party API
• Skilled at Linux (Usually Ubuntu) Server management.
• And for extra brownie points…
• Other DBMS
• Experience with other Scalable Cloud Hosting and data tools.
• DBA Experience
• Experience with Amazon AWS platform.
And in return…
You’ll be joining one of the North West’s leading creative marketing agencies. We’re an ambitious bunch and, if chosen, you’ll be working within a team of the region’s best designers, developers and marketeers.
You’ll also enjoy a relaxed working environment in our modern Preston offices, as well as:
• 25 days holiday
• Employer contributed pension
• Regular social activities
• Flexible working
• Training and development opportunities
• Annual appraisal system
• Annual bonus
• On site parking.
Salary dependent on experience. NO AGENCIES.