A newly created role for a forward thinking, innovative Social Media Manager to join a leading online fashion retail business based in Manchester.
You role will be to devise and implement social media engagement strategies and campaigns in line with marketing goals and objectives. This will include:
– Establishing, expanding and managing the presence on social media platforms, including blogs, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, tumblr, and polyvore to increase brand awareness and drive traffic to the websites.
– Writing relevant and compelling content specific to target audiences, gathering content from others as needed.
– Developing and managing editorial calendars for company blogs and social media sites.
– Monitoring, listening, responding and engage with users.
– Becoming an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in conversations and answering questions where appropriate to build relationships and brand loyalty.
– Creating and managing promotions and Facebook ad campaigns.
– Developing and monitoring effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs; analyse, review, and report the effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximise results;
compile reports for management showing results.
– Identifying potential threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the business.
– Overseeing design, e.g. Facebook Timeline cover, profile pics, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile and blogs.
– Monitoring trends in social media tools, applications, analytics, channels, design and strategy and make recommendations on implementation.
– Managing process for responding to social media crises and / or negative response to viral content.
You will be an experienced and creative social media marketer and communicator with a proven track record of developing, managing and executing social media plans and campaigns. A real passion for, and immersion in social media, you will have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and how each platform can be strategically deployed. You will possess a good understanding of social media metrics, social listening and scheduling tools, digital analytics, and principles of SEO.
You will have knowledge of WordPress and blog network, and experience of sourcing and managing content development and publishing. Excellent copywriting, editing and communication skills are required along with demonstrable ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format. Ideally you have commercial experience of, and a genuine interest in the fashion industry.