We are looking for someone with a passion for the web including social media and marketing. You will be working as part of a small team. Your primary role will be to use social media and digital marketing to grow and expand our client’s online presence. You will need to communicate with team members and clients, and to ensure all projects are completed effectively and efficiently. You will be focusing on platforms such as: (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ etc.) along with influencing and working on digital avenues such as search engine optimisation. As a Social & Digital marketing Apprentice you will have opportunities to grow our brand, expand our customer base, innovate our processes, and engage with our potential and existing clients.
This opportunity is perfect for school/college leavers with real passion, attention to detail and enthusiasm for everything creative. With this wonderful opportunity there is also the possibility of gaining a degree with our new apprenticeship scheme which is run with MMU. You will have the chance to attend university once a week to complete an Information Technology Solutions Degree.
1. Advise clients and team members on social media campaigns
2. Analyse online marketing and site traffic to develop and adjust marketing plans to increase qualified traffic
3. Assist in link building campaigns in coordination with client SEO goals
4. Assist in the creation of presentations to clients
5. Become an advocate of the business in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
We are looking for someone who has a keen interest in photography for print and web. We want someone who has experience using camera and editing software alike. We need someone with excellent communication skills and the desire to work hard, be creative, learn new things and develop their skill sets.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualities:
• No formal qualifications required
• Experience using the internet and social media
• Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft packages, in particular, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
• Ability to be flexible when facing changing situations, while remaining focused on the end goal
• Ability to contribute to the work of the team while balancing personal workload and objectives
Beneficial Skills / Experience / Qualities:
• Experience with social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, , Twitter, YouTube, Google+
• Experience using with Google AdWords and Facebook Ads
• Experience proofreading and editing
• Experience writing and editing social media
• Experience of measuring the success of a social media campaign
This vacancy is part of the government apprenticeship programme. The successful candidate will spend one day a week at college, and four days a week in our office gaining first-hand experience.
The successful candidate will follow the Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Social Media and Digital Marketing. This is designed to give apprentices the skills to work in the Digital industry.
The Apprenticeship programme lasts one year, and on completion the apprentice will have gained valuable qualification and will be offered a full-time role.
The Apprenticeship covers the following:
• Social Networking Management for a Business
• Using Collaborative Technologies
• Principles of Social Media within a Business
• Use Digital and Social Media in Marketing Campaigns
• Principles of Social Media Advertising and Promotion
Apprentice Course Structure:
Principles of Social Media within a Business
• Describe a type of business and its vision, aims, objectives and goals
• Identify the brand and values of a business and how these are portrayed to the audience of a business
• Describe the marketing tools available for a business
• Explain the consequences of using Social Media on the budget of different sizes and types of business.
• Explain the benefits and consequences of encouraging amplification
Principles of Key words and optimisation
• Define the term Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
• Explain the importance of SEO to a business
• Explain the difference between organic and ‘paid’ search results
• Describe the differences between Pay-per-Click and Pay-per-Impression
• Describe the factors that need to be considered as part of an SEO plan
Social Networking Management for a Business
• Define social networking
• Identify current external social networking tools for the geographical location of a business
• Compare and contrast the functionality and features of different external social networking tools
• Describe the limitations of different external social networking tools
• Select external social networking tools for a business