It’s an exciting time to join us. We’re selling more power tools, in more places, to more people than ever before. We’re a £27 million business operating in more than 27 countries. With a rich history and exciting future, Evolution aspires to be one of Britain’s great iconic brands. We are proud that our Head Office and Distribution Centre are still located where the Evolution story began in 1992. Sheffield, the Steel city in Yorkshire is the nerve centre of our global business and home to support functions that drive and support our global growth.
We are looking for an achiever who can take ownership of the Content and Online PR offering within the business. We want an ambitious person who can pick up the role quickly and add real value to our on-going earned media programmes and execute projects. We are looking for an experienced operator, working in a PR, Content or Social Media role who has a strong interest and knowledge of power tools, social media and vlogging/SEM blogging, as well as traditional PR methods and digital marketing in general.
Having successfully managed social media accounts for global or national brands you will have a proven track record of improving KPIs over a period of at least two years. You will have hands-on experience of working with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube, Pinterest and Google+. A knowledge of social media management tools like Sprout Social and an in-depth knowledge of paid advertising solutions across these platforms. You will have strong analytical skills and experience in social media engagement reporting. And you will have the editorial/copywriting skills that allow you to communicate effectively and accurately with audiences in social media.
You will be a key part of a brand new digital content team. Utilising revolutionary social listening tools you will work with the new team to create ground breaking digital content to help enter into meaningful conversations with global communities. You will take ownership of our social media channels and you will become the voice of the brand across social media and an advocate.
As Social Media Manager, you will also have digital marketing experience and ideally a background in e-commerce and retail. Your attention to detail and strong planning skills will enable you to effectively manage multiple projects at a time, while your excellent communication skills will ensure you build strong relationships with your influencers.
You will work closely with the marketing and product team and external parties to increase brand awareness, change brand perception, generate inbound traffic, conversations, encourage sales and increase loyalty.
• EXECUTING DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS/MARKETING STRATEGY
• CONTENT CREATION AND REPURPOSING
• SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
• EVENTS AND EVENT PLANNING
• REPORTING AND ANALYTICS
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
• Three years or more experience in a relevant area (digital, online PR, marketing, content, social).
• Able to balance creativity and commerciality (scommerce).
• CIM qualified in digital or related discipline. Marketing related degree or similar qualification. Proven track record in management and development of social media strategies and digital marketing communications
• Out-going, analytical, not afraid to demo.
• Passionate about digital and able to keep pace in a 365/247 digital world.
• Team player and interested in power tools.
• Adobe Indesign and iMovie Video Editing.
• Attention to technical detail is paramount along with good house-keeping
skills and file management.
• Hardworking, dedicated and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Drive favourable word-of-mouth and engagement in online social media and offline channels that ultimately helps our dealer’s achieve their business goals.
• Ideal candidate will come from an agency and be used to juggling various different accounts and brands, but also interested in client-side applications.
• Data driven, highly proficient in analysis of marketing activity and associated analytical tools.
• Creative thinker able to devise engaging content campaigns on both a small and large scale across online channels including social media, SEO, video and WordPress blogs.
• Able to get in the mind-set for different buyer personas, adopting creative approach appropriate for different types of customer.
• Ability to turn ideas into reality through planning and organisation.
• Loves the buzz of digital marketing, and will be stimulated by constant change and development plus going the extra mile to get results.
• Understanding the competitor landscape and changes on a frequent basis across social media channels.
MAIN DUTIES & TASKS
• PLANNING, IMPLEMENTING AND DEVELOPING
• SOCIAL COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT
• DEALER DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS PLANNING
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
• Retargeting and Advert Content, Set-up and Testing.
• Landing Page Strategy, AB Test.
• Email Marketing Programs.