Glasgows is one of the country’s leading event management companies, specialising in the management and production of a wide range of events for a large portfolio of clients. As part of our growth plan we are looking for a diligent, enthusiastic and proactive Social Media & Marketing Executive to join our tight knit team, ensuring we are maximising all opportunities to publicise and promote the company and the services we offer.
The successful candidate will work alongside our team of project managers, developers and creative teams to rebrand and re-launch our new services offerings whist building and maintaining a strong social media presence online. Attendance at events will occasionally be required, working with our delivery teams and the client teams to deliver the event digital and social media requirements.
Ideally you have at least 12 months experience in a similar role, be extremely organised with good attention to detail, excellent creative writing skills and be brimming with ideas to help take the business forward.
The role will cover three key areas including agency PR, social media and marketing management as follows:
• Planning and implementing a social media strategy across all appropriate platforms, ensuring that the strategy meets the requirements of the business growth plan
• Strengthening and developing business relationships with our target audience via social media, whilst looking to nurture them as potential leads
• Publicising the company’s ability to develop and create cutting edge work
• Update of the website on a monthly basis, ensuring updates are in-line with our business development targeting strategy, maximising the opportunity to drive traffic to the website
• Contributing to and developing marketing plans and strategies that tie in with the business development strategy
• Liaising with internal teams to keep the website updated with client information and case studies
• Management of email marketing campaigns for new business and lead generation
• Identifying opportunities to promote Glasgows through PR
• Securing PR coverage in local, regional, national and specialist publications both on and offline
• The authoring and circulating of all press releases
• Ensuring the press list is kept up to date with contacts
• Writing and proofreading copy for case studies and tender documents
• Contributing to the update of our tender documents in line with the new brand and marketing strategy
• Evaluating the success of marketing campaigns and reporting back to the management team
The position carries an excellent package (in the region of £26,000 to £28,000 dependent on experience). This package includes contributory pension scheme, private health insurance and life insurance, as well as an opportunity to join the company’s annual bonus scheme (all after qualifying period and subject to terms and conditions). The post will be based at our Preston office.