A key member on one of our most high profile pan-European accounts, you will be responsible for the quality of the output of the team as a whole. You’ll ensure the software delivered is aligned to client expectations and promotes confidence through excellence.
You’ll work closely with our development and test team members to shape the testing standards and processes the team will work to.
You’ll be a hands-on expert in modern web and device testing techniques, tools and platforms. You’ll be experienced in functional and integration testing, working with both manual execution and automated frameworks. You will also be aware of best practice around accessibility, security, load and performance testing and be able to advise on agile testing practices.
You will be proactive in driving quality throughout the test team and be capable of mentoring more junior staff to attain excellent skill levels. You’ll contribute early in the project lifecycle to testing strategies, plans and estimates and you’ll assess, escalate and track risks.
You will have at least 6 years commercial experience in web and software testing, and be familiar with testing CMS software implementations and bespoke applications for enterprise level clients.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
– Lead Test Analyst for all test activity throughout the end to end software delivery lifecycle.
– Create and own an appropriate level of testing documentation, derived from strategic, technical and creative documentation.
– Risk assess and estimate for all testing activity across all pre-sales and production projects.
– Determine and document the testing strategy and/or test plan for all team deliverables.
– Functionally test responsive and adaptive websites, web and mobile applications as well as content driven releases.
– Work closely with the development team to verify web services and interfaces.
– Test against WCAG level A guidelines (as a minimum).
– Perform cross browser and cross platform compatibility testing.
– Report on testing activity and record evidence as appropriate.
– Verify that websites are logical and usable and meet the client expectations.
– Lead investigations into issues and problems. Work closely with the development team to identify the root cause. Report on findings and make appropriate recommendations for improvements.
– Raise and manage issues through our defect-tracking system (JIRA).
– Lead software demonstrations to the wider team and the client.
– Attend client facing meetings, reviews and retrospectives.
– Lead the evolution of testing standards, process and ways of working within the team.
– Keep up to date with the latest trends in testing, IT and digital.
– Strive to improve more junior Test Analysts through observation, positive feedback and formal mentoring.
– Educated to degree level in Computer Science or other engineering discipline.
– 6+ years experience of web and software testing.
– Good knowledge of server side programming languages such as Java or ASP.NET.
– Experience of testing Content Management Solutions, preferably SDL Tridion.
– Good knowledge and experience of automated testing frameworks and tools.
– Experience of leading and governing testing activity across a multi-disciplined team.
– Excellent communication skills, at both a technical and non-technical level.
– Great interpersonal skills, with proven experience of building excellent working relationships with clients.
– Experience of working to tight deadlines within an agency environment.
– Experience working within an iterative development framework.
– The ability to manage your own time successfully and prioritise effectively.
– Be ambitious, proactive and self-managing.
– Extensive use of defect management tools such as JIRA.
– Excellent analytical skills with a keen eye for detail.