We are looking for an expert PHP Backend Developer, with a minimum of 3 to 5 years commercial experience.
This is a key technical and valued position within the business, reporting directly to the Managing Director.
Working along side a frontend developer, your main area of expertise will be in Object Orientated PHP development, with MySQL backend on a LAMP environment.
The ability to lead projects, work efficiently and the experience of implementing (or working to) proven, formal development methodologies would be an advantage.
A keen interest and awareness of the industry, trends and emerging technologies will set you aside from others.
– Skilled in designing database schema using MySQL.
– Platform experience (WordPress, Magento and/or Drupal) would be advantageous.
– Experience with source control and revision systems beyond GIT e.g. CVS, Subversion.
– Have the ability to lead the development of projects.
– Be a great problem solver, with the ability to understand a project specification, break it down into tasks, and then evolve this to well thought-out and solid solution.
– Be involved in a wide range of diverse projects at any given time.
– Have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy a challenge.
– Be responsible accurately estimating the develop time to assist in the planning of project.
– Be well organized, and able to structure your work in accordance with budgets and deadlines.
– Ability to problem solve and strategically thinking through projects and client needs to identifying ways of improvement that would help us and/or the client.
– Be keen and able to learn new technologies and be able to apply these to projects as applicable. (Training provided)
– Strong testing, code review, and analysis skills are essential.
– Knowledge of Linux / LAMP and server admin or configuration.
– Understanding of the principles of good SEO, so that this can be coded into projects.
– Development of mobile / apps either as native or web app (Corona, Phone Gap or Titanium etc).
– Experience of TDD, pair programming and re-factoring.
We offer an attractive salary, which is negotiable and dependent on candidate and experience, including:
– Company pension and benefits.
– Personal training allowance and development program.
– Conference attendance and networking opportunities.
– Childcare Vouchers
– Cycle to work scheme
– Minimum 31 days holiday per year, with at least 3 reserved for Christmas to New Year.
– Flexible working hours to accommodate commuting
– A great office environment.