My client is an educational organisation that offers training and support to primary teachers, secondary teachers, post-16 / Further Education teachers and lecturers, teaching assistants and technicians.
They are looking for an exceptional candidate to deliver a programme of targeted communications, with the specific aim of recruiting customers to take part in the organisations services. The role will involve stakeholder engagement role and broader copy writing and marketing role than just media relations…
Essentially the aim of the role is to increase the number of teaching staff that attend their courses, so it will involve a lot of copy writing, creative thinking around creating brochures, leaflets and e-shots… they do very little media relations at the moment but plan in the future to increase their activity in this area… but if you want a media relations heavy role, this wouldn’t suit you.
A key aspect of this role will be communicating the breadth and impact of the organisations programmes to schools and colleges to raise income generation and enable the organisation to achieve greater financial independence from its current grant funding streams whilst continuing to attract greater numbers of teachers an technicians to use its services.
The role requires a dynamic, proven and commercially focussed marketing professional to achieve this transition.
• to achieve the recruitment sales targets agreed with the organisations funders and stakeholders.
• to be responsible for all recruitment communications activity undertaken in support of organisations programmes.
• to create appropriate communications plans to support recruitment activities, which will meet the overall strategic needs of the organisation.
• to lead, manage and deliver the execution of these communications plans.
• to report on the execution of the communications plans in terms of performance, budget and timescale.
• to be responsible for task supervision for members of the marketing team.
• evaluation of recruitment activities.
• developing tools and processes to facilitate recruitment activities.
• to be responsible for the management of relevant budgets.
• to ensure tasks are carried out in a timely, accurate and effective manner ensuring that the recruitment activities fall within the guidelines of the Data Protection Act.
• engaging in learning and development activities appropriate to the skills and competences required to fulfil the position.
• any other tasks as reasonably required by the Director of Communications.
The role requires a flexible and resourceful person who will also be prepared to assist as necessary in all areas of communications and marketing. In addition to the specific requirements of the role set out above, the Senior Marketing Officer may also assist with:
• media relations.
• stakeholder communications.
• partnership marketing.
• general marketing administration.
Personal skills, competencies & qualities
• a proven ability to increase sales through compelling communications.
• a commitment to the vision and mission of the organisation.
• a successful track record in providing communications and marketing activities including but not limited to:
o generation of sales through creative solutions
o managing multiple concurrent projects
o copy writing and execution of print and online marketing materials
o a proven ability to interact and influence effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
• able to work on own initiative as well as part of a professional communications team
• excellent attention to detail, working to tight deadlines and on own initiative
• excellent written and oral communication skills
• excellent planning and organisational skills
• advanced ICT skills including: Email; word processing; spreadsheets; databases; presentations, use of graphic design packages, web applications, CRM, CMS and the willingness to embrace new technologies and solutions
• proven ability to work flexibly, deciding or negotiating priorities from a competing list of demands
• a positive, enthusiastic and mature manner
For more information and to register with Black Cherry recruitment, please contact Helen Salt on Helen@blackcherryrecruitment.co.uk or 0161 228 7239