Salary up to £27,000 per annum
British Cycling is now well-established as the leading sports governing body in this country, thanks to an astonishing range of successes across the Olympic and Paralympic Games and World Championships. The organisation wants to be known for innovation in grassroots and recreational cycling in order to match the ongoing success at an elite level. Our challenge is to continue to thrive in this new era and expand in a sustainable manner, making the most of the opportunities offered to us.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide marketing, communications and PR support to the Coaching, Education and Development department of British Cycling. The department has a very broad remit and is responsible for the creation and delivery of British Cycling’s Coach Education, Recreation Education and Cycle Training programmes, as well as the highly successful development programme for young people, Go-Ride. This role will also contribute significantly to driving membership growth through the department’s activities.
To see a full job description, please visit the main ‘Vacancies’ page on the British Cycling website.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual with a flair for marketing and communications, and an interest in the sports sector. If you feel that you can play a part in this aspirational team, we look forward to hearing from you. Applicants will need to possess:
• Relevant marketing/communications qualification(s)
• Significant experience in a marketing/communications environment, including experience of creating and implementing marketing campaigns, writing of press releases and working with social media
• Experience of project management with the ability to work to tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to form relationships at all levels within and outside of the organisation
• Good planning skills with the ability to structure own workload effectively, taking account of changing and competing priorities
For an informal discussion about the post above, please contact Elizabeth Mather on 0161 274 2013.